Ch: 6

Lannah

My head is spinning, I can barely get a clear thought. I hear voices, but they sound far away. Suddenly someone places their hand in my shoulder. A wave of pain is sent coursing through my body. I turn away from the hand, but that just sends more pain, and I can't stop the moan that leaves my lips. (Not in a weird way I was just in a shit ton of pain).

I hear movement and the mufflers voices grow closer. I slowly open my eyes and see Loki and Clint on either side of me. Loki's arm was right beside my hand and I grab it.

"Did anyone..." I couldn't make the word die leave my mouth. I couldn't stand the idea of killing any of the people who treated me like an equal, but I had to know.

Loki shook his head, "No, everyone is okay. A little shaken up, but alive."

I sigh and my body relaxed. Once again the change in position sent pain through my body I closed my eyes and tried to calm my racing heart.

I can hear Thor say that he was going to take me to my room so I could rest. But I couldn't. Not now, I didn't want to be alone.

I tightened my grip on Loki, and managed to say, "No. I'm okay, just give me a minute. I'll try to explain, I just need a minute."

Thankfully no one objected. I could hear them talking to me, but I wasn't comprehending the words. I felt arms slowly go under my shoulders and knees, then I was lifted from where I had been laying.

While I assume they had told me I was about to be picked up, I didn't hear it. The unexpected movement was almost to much. I cried in pain and my vision started to go black.

I heard Loki's voice, and even though I couldn't understand the words, it calmed me. I focused on his hypnotizing voice until I was placed on the soft couch. I was placed in the corner next to the arm rest, and I was leaning against Loki. I didn't mind the seating arrangement as he was comfortable and smelled nice.

I kept my eyes closed for a few minutes until the throbbing pain in the back of my scull subsided. I open my eyes and sit up slightly.

Everyone else is sitting around the living room looking at me exactingly. I see Steve still asleep on a couch on the other side of the room.

"Hydra did lots of experiments on me. They gave me the telekinetic like powers that you all have seen, but that wasn't all. It's kind of like how Wanda can make people see their fears, I make them experience pain.

"Hydra would use me as a weapon. They would bring people in, first just one or two, by time I escaped it was over 30. I would have to use my power on them. I would have to use it until they died or I passed out."

I choked on my words. I hadn't told anyone about this. Wanda and Petro already knew, I had never had to verbalize what had happened in hydra.

I wasn't sure if I could keep going, but Loki gripped my leg reassuringly. I took a deep breath and continued. "My power never brought me pain, not while I used it at least. It used up so much power and energy, but Hydra didn't care. They would make me keep going until I literally collapsed.

"When I would wake up, I would have horrible headaches for a couple days, and I would feel weak, but other than that I was fine. I hated using the power, I hated feeling the life force leave these people I didn't know. I was told they were bad, they had done horrible things, but I kept thinking what I was doing was probably worse than anything they ever did."

I was about to continue when Wanda interrupted me. "Lannah, don't say stuff like that. What you did, what they forced you to day, wasn't your fault, and no one blames you."

Her and vision walked into the living room. She explained that vision fled when my episode started, he was going to get help when he collapsed.

"So what made you do this today?" Tony asked.

"This morning," I think it was this morning, "I was pretty tired, and I already had a headache. I hadn't slept well because of nightmares. Night terrors from Hydra. I fell asleep in the kitchen, then had another nightmare. Probably the worst one I've ever had. I was using my powers to kill a group of people like always, but I felt their pain. It went on for what felt like hours. I woke up and Friday started talking to me. It was to much like something from hydra, and my powers went off. The next thing I knew Loki grabbed me, then I woke up on the counter."

As my words set in, the other looks so shocked, I thought their jaws would fall to the basement. They were all Silent for a moment till Clint laughed.

"Alright I know this is like horrible, but is no one gonna Acknowledge the fact that Lannah was able to take out our entire team in like a minute. If you could find a way to harness this power, in a safer way, so you could like controls who was Affected, you could save so many lives."

I looked down, feeling my walls going back up, my heart felt sharing time was over.

"I know you may not like it Lannah, but Clint's right, you have so much potential." Natasha said.

I know they are just trying to be nice, but it was to much. I squeezed my eyes closed and tried my hardest to slow my breathing and heart.

I felt someone enter my mind, two someones. I had felt one of the presences before, Wanda. But the other was new.

"Lannah, calm down." I immediately recognized the new presence as Loki. "They didn't mean it that way, just calm down."

I tried to close my mind from them, but my thoughts were to foggy.

"Lannah, you can go, be by yourself if you want." Wanda said to me, still in my mind. The panic increased. No alone.

She laughed slightly out loud, then through the telepathic  link, "I can't believe I'm about to say this but, Loki go with her."

He nodded then cut the link, as did Wanda. He help me up, then rushed me to my room.