Do It

TJ's POV

I could feel the anxiety radiating off Harry before I even opened my eyes.

The tension in his body as I laid next to him was something I could physically feel, and I knew that when I rolled over and looked at him I'd find him staring at the ceiling thinking about all the things that were riding on the championship game.

I sighed as I opened my eyes, finding him exactly how I expected to, eyes fixed straight ahead as he rested his hands on his stomach. I watched him for a second, admiring him as he laid there and smiling to myself at how well I knew him.

"Good morning." I said as I leaned over and pressed my lips to his shoulder.

"Hey, babe." He said softly, turning his head to look at me as a soft smile crossed his lips.

He reached up and brushed a piece of hair off my face, gazing down at me as he often did. Sometimes when he looked at me I could see how much he loved me in his eyes, and it always brought me a sense of warmth that I never quite got used to.

"I love you." I said, the words falling effortlessly from my lips as I looked up at him.

"I love you too, spaz."

I sighed as I moved closer, resting my head on his chest as he pulled me into him, a weighted sigh leaving him as he pressed his lips to my head.

"Everything is gonna be fine, Harry." I told him. "Please don't stress so much."

"I'm trying." He said, throwing his head back against the headboard. "I just...I want this so bad, Teej."

"I know."

I laid there next to him, just trying to let him sort out his thoughts. I knew his entire life was flashing before his eyes, every possible scenario playing out as to what could happen, good and bad. The funny thing about Harry was that I knew he'd stress about the championship all day and night, but the second he stepped onto the ice he'd forget all about it and just do what he did best. It was a lot of wasted energy when we both knew it would leave his mind once his skates were on, but that's just how he was. It was his process.

"I just can't stop thinking about what I'm gonna do if I don't make it, if we lose this game and everything we've all worked so hard for just doesn't mean anything." He said, the stress dripping off his words as he put a ridiculous amount of pressure on himself for no reason.

"Alright, let's get one thing straight here." I said as I sat up to face him, his hand landing on my knee as he looked up at me. "First of all, we aren't losing."

A chuckle escaped him, clearly amused by the simple fact I was stating.

"Secondly, as far as your career goes, this game is irrelevant. There is absolutely zero way you won't make it to the NHL. And third, we have been straight up dominating everyone for the past six weeks, made the playoffs from almost dead last, and nobody stands a chance." I said as I swung one of my legs over his hips and looked down at him. "Now are you gonna just accept the fact that this game is in the bag, or do I need to distract you with sex?"

"I mean...I don't know if I'm convinced yet." He smiled as he leaned up to kiss me, just in time for Shawn to come pounding on the door.

"Alright, lovebirds. Power breakfast, let's go!"

I rolled my eyes as I turned back to Harry, who suddenly looked more annoyed than before.

"Maybe when you make it to the NHL we can get rid of these idiots." I chuckled as I leaned down to kiss him.