[30] interview

It was the beginning of December, and they had already had a few days of below-freezing weather, showing that winter break was fast approaching.

Three weeks had passed, or, well, almost. Three weeks since William left consisting of good times after school and then going home and talking about 'Christine' who didn't even exist. Or, maybe someone at school was called Christine, but no one that Dylan hung out with.

Dylan was standing by his locker on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, way too early in the morning, and talked to Felicia. A murmur went through the crowd around them and Dylan could already guess that the football team was coming in through the doors.

"Has he gotten himself a new?" Someone next to them asked, and Dylan frowned.

Then, as if on cue, the team came by, and he immediately understood what all of the fussings was about. And it made him very self-satisfied.

When they'd hung out the day prior, he'd made sure to get back for all of the times he had to cover up his neck. Like, really, really, get back. But Chris hadn't covered them up, at all. He walked with his usual outfit like nothing was different. And everyone was staring, including Dylan himself. They made eye contact for a split second and Chris gave him that cocky, side looped grin that made Dylan's heart beat faster.

Then, the moment passed and Dylan continued getting his books out and made his way toward his first class of the day.

Hours later, Dylan was sitting in History, the only class that he and Chris had together. They were working on an assignment that was to set out events on a timeline that they had been provided with. Not that hard.

"This one is supposed to be here," Chris took a small note that said 'Vikings' and put it on the timeline. Dylan looked at the other notes. They sat huddled close together, whispering to not disturb any other students in the classroom.

"You really made quite the scene this morning," Dylan grinned, catching Chris's attention. He shot him a cocky smirk.

"I did. No need to cover up, right?"

"I suppose not," Dylan agreed, "everyone's talking about it."

"I know. They can say what they want, speculate all they want," Chris grinned, "they won't be right about it."

Dylan nodded. There was a sort of rush to people not knowing, and trying to hide it. Still, it was tiring. To be honest, he wouldn't even mind that much if the school would find out. As long as his parents didn't. But it was better to keep it on the down-low... for now.

"We study on Thursday, right?" He asked, though he absolutely did not plan on studying then.

"Of course," Chris looked up from the paper, making Dylan how close they truly were. It was only inches between them, and he had to stop himself from leaning in and blowing it all up. "In the library, though, 'cuz mom and dad are home."

"That's fine, then we can-"

"Mr. Davis, Mr. Brooks, while it's nice to see that you can actually get along nowadays, I really would appreciate you continuing with the assignment," Mr. Morgan said from behind them, and Dylan got a feeling of deja vous from the first week of school. When he'd met Chris for the first time.

"Sorry, Mr. Morgan," he mumbled, his eyes finding the paper on his desk again.

Suddenly, Chris shifted and got his phone out, looking around to make sure that the teacher was far away. "I got a text."

"From who?"

"The school newspaper," he frowned on his phone before a wide grin broke out on his face. "They want to do an interview for tomorrow's newscasting."