CHAPTER-26

Luring The Cold Hearted Billionaire

Jane was actually stunned seeing how Hermes' employees on the lobby excitedly waved their hand at them the moment Hermes' car parked in front of his company's building. She did not expect that at all. She is not even expecting a simple glance from those people. Because what she was used was those people usually will fearfully bow their head once Hermes stepped his feet on the perimeter of his territory.

It is so unbelievable, she never thought of seeing these people this excited to see Hermes; as she never thought of seeing Hermes closed with his people. Her eyes softened as it stares at Hermes' back waving his hand at his employees, returning their waves.

She already read it, that these employees of him were the people who are always with him when he is celebrating their anniversary. Pero hindi n'ya inaasahan na talagang close ito sa mga taong dati takot na takot sa kan'ya, akala n'ya binayaran ng lalaki ang mga ito para samahan ito, pero hindi iyon ang nakikita ng mga mata n'ya ngayon.

The smiles on their faces were genuine, and it is impossible for them to smile like that if Hermes just paid them to act in front of her, she knows how to differentiate a genuine to s forced smile, it is so impossible that he just paid all of these people to act in front of her just so he could have her again with all the smiles on their faces. Lumamlam ang mga mata n'yang nakatitig sa malapad at maskulado nitong likod bago naglakad patungo sa tabi nito.

She made sure that she's not too close at him as she made sure that her face wasn't showing any emotions, kahit pa na sa mga oras na iyon ay punong-puno na ng paghanga sa lalaki at pagkabilib sa pagbabago ng lalaki ang dibdib niya ay pinanatili niya ang malamig niyang anyo. She kept her face distant and cold as she held her chin high and held her powerful poise as she walks beside him.

She maintained her authoritative look even though she felt Hermes eyes on her and heard some murmurs.

"Para silang nagkapalit ng espirito."

"Si Ms. Nerlay ba talaga 'yan? Mas lalo s'yang gumanda pero mukhang nakakatakot na s'ya ngayon."

"Scary. Looks how the table turns."

She took a deep breath and slowly blows it out. She kept her face emotionless and avoided her eyes to landed to anyone.

She's done being so friendly and kind and when she is at her worst no one will be there on her side. She has tried to make a lot of friends before because she's afraid to be alone, but what happened? She was all alone when she needs somebody on her side.

She felt like crying again when she remembered how she cries in pain asking for anyone to help her, but no one did, even the friends she made with her neighbors on her apartment, they just stand right there and when she bled, they closed their door instead of helping her.

She grits her teeth and clenches her fist when a warm rough hand touches her fisted hand and brought it over his soft lips.

Napakurap00kurap s'ya at napabaling kay Hermes na unti-unting binubuka ang palad n'yang nakakuyom at masuyo 'yong hinahalikan. She immediately forgot the anger and hatred she was feeling at the moment as her heart skipped a beat when their eyes connected. She blinked twice again before taking a deep breath and softly blowing it out, again.

She calmed herself before pulling her hand away. Yes, she does give him a chance but the fear inside her chest is still there. Fear that what if she made a wrong choice and she just gave him a right to break her heart again, fear that she is wrong by choosing to stay by his side.

She looked away again as she heard him sigh. Nang ibalik n'ya ang tingin dito ay malungkot ang mga mata nito habang nakatingin sa kan'ya pero may masuyo at malambing na ngiti naman sa labi nito na nakahanda para sa kan'ya.