Prologue

Jin smiled, watching Taehyung with his soulmate.

Lifting his phone he clicked a picture of the couple before turning to the kitchen. He enjoyed cooking for Bangtan. It was something he hadn't had much reason to do back home.

Home.

His brows furrowed slightly for a moment.

How much longer did he have before he had to go home? He didn't know. Truthfully, he didn't want to. If he knew, he would never be able to relax. Then he wouldn't be able to enjoy whatever time he had left with the boys. And now, Taehyung's soulmate.

Smiling again, he thought of how sweet she was to him and all of the members of Bangtan. Taehyung had gotten an incredible soulmate, that much was certain. He still hadn't gotten the chance to ask for her recipe for that breakfast she had surprised them with once. he'd have to do that soon.

He'd want to take it with him.

Shaking his head to dislodge the thoughts pestering him, he focused on the contents of the refrigerator before him. Or rather, the lack thereof.

His head shake turned bemused, remembering how Jungkook had attempted to hide the snacks under his shirt to take them to his room.

Jin had allowed him to escape.

Now he wondered what exactly the Maknae had pilfered. Hopefully he had enough ingredients to make there evening meal.

He got together what he needed for a stir-fry and began measuring, slicing, and mixing. It was fun and calming. He needed the stress relief, and the distraction from his thoughts.

shhk

shhk

shhk

The knife he held sliced neatly, rhythmically through the onion. First in half, then quarters, then thinly sliced to caramelize just a bit in the oil.

shhk

shhk

shhk    shhk    shhk

Taking a deep breath, he let it out slowly and scraped the onion off the board into the pan. A pleasant sizzle was heard as they hit the already hot oil.

The carrots had already been washed.

CHK

CHK

CHK

He smiled. Sometimes he would cut the carrots into flowers for a fun aesthetic, but todays were to small.

CHK   CHK   CHK

CHK   CHK   CHK

His knife picked up speed as he settled into a good rythm.

For now, he could smile. He could enjoy the time with his brothers, and pretend for awhile that he would never have to leave them behind.

This, for now, was home.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

KK KK KK K-K-K-K-K EEEEUUU!!

Y/N smiled at the happy dolphin.

"Good boy Flipper! Good boy!" She tossed him a fish from the bucket by her feet.

Y/N wanted to be a dolphin trainer. Unfortunately, for now, all she could do was volunteer at this sanctuary for rescued sea life. So far, nobody had noticed that she was teaching Flipper a few simple tricks during her break time.

Already he could catch a small ball that she threw for him. He didn't throw it back, but he had begun to drop it into the water so he could hit it back to her with his beak. A lively Common Dolphin, Flipper had been quick to learn, and seemed to enjoy playing ball.

Reluctantly Y/N stroked him one last time before heading back to let the manager know she was leaving for the day.

When she flopped onto her bed not long later she smiled, pulling out her phone to flip through the 500 pictures she'd taken of Flipper. She laughed when she came to one that showed him grinning as the ball flew at the camera. She'd almost dropped her phone catching the ball. Not that it would've been hurt by falling in the water as it had a waterproof case, but it would've been a pain to pull back up with the net, and she could've gotten in trouble for letting a non-toy fall in his pool.

Her stomach growled, reminding her that she hadn't eaten yet.

It took her about 7 minutes to decide she felt to lazy to get up and cook. Were there any good coupons today? She checked a few sites before discovering a $5 large pizza special for the first 15 customers to use the coupon, including checkout, from her favorite pizza place.

And they delivered.

About 20 minutes later her doorbell rang, and she soon had the box of fragrant pizza open on her table as she munched the first piece.

Eyeing the box, she decided she'd treat herself and eat 3 pieces tonight, but the rest would need to be saved for tomorrow. Pizza was always best fresh, but she needed to make sure she had enough to make it to her next paycheck, and she'd spent a little extra on treats for Flipper recently.

Munching happily, she clicked on a short video of Flipper playing. It seemed like an obvious name for a dolphin, but in truth he had earned it. As soon as he'd sufficiently healed from the illegal fishing net he'd been found caught in, he'd begun performing more and more extravagant, joyous flips. Y/N remembered the first time she'd seen him jump, and she could've sworn he'd looked her in the eye.

It had been from then that she started teaching him to catch the ball, and he seemed to love it almost as much as he enjoyed his aerial tricks.

She smiled, looking forward to playing with him again the next day.

After all, she was most at home with Flipper. Maybe, if she was lucky, she'd get permission to enter his pool and play with him.

Hello readers!! I am so glad to be starting Jin's soulmate book! Please Vote and comment what you think so far, and get ready for a few surprises~

I ended up making my own cover for this, as I was somewhat impatient to publish this first chapter. If you had one underway, I please feel free to send me a DM! I'd love to see what you came up with~