29

***
I've hungered for your touch

A long, lonely time

And time goes by slowly
***

Maya enters the restaurant behind Timothée. As they walk he reaches out behind him in an attempt to get a gold of her hand. She looks down at his hand and smiles.

Maya accepts his offer and she lets him guide her through the restaurant. Although her mind is screaming at her to run for the hills and leave him, she doesn't.

Even if she can't seem to notice, it's too late. The brunette boy has her trapped.

They both reach the table and he pulls her chair out and waves a hand towards the chair. "You can sit m'lady." He bows down and smirks.

"Thank you, sir." Maya laughs and curtsies before sitting.

He takes a seat across from her once he finishes pushing her close to the table.

"I can't believe you actually got me outside tonight." Maya rests her elbows on top of the table. Her chin leaning on her palms as she looks at him. "It only took me a whole day of begging you." Timothée rolls his eyes playfully.

"I didn't feel like getting up and out of bed today." Maya shrugs her shoulders and looks down.

Before Timothée can speak the waitress is standing in front of their table. She smiles and introduces herself, "Hello, I'm Pattie and I'll be your waitress today. What can I start you guys with?"

"I'll just have water." Maya looks up at the waitress and smiles politely before looking back down at the menu. "I'll water as well," Timothée tells her.

The waitress nods her head before walking away.

Once the waitress is gone Maya lifts her head from behind the menu and glances up at Timothée. But before he gets to see her she ducks and hides behind the menu.

As Maya is sitting inside the restaurant she can't help but feel safe with Timothée besides her. Everything about him made her feel safe. It feels good for once to be able to relax without feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders.

"I bought the tickets for Italy." Timothée places the menu down and looks across the table at Maya. She frowns and looks down.

Timothée notices this, "Hey, what's wrong?" He asks softly.

"I told you how I felt about it." She lifts the corner of her lip.

"It's okay, look you can pay me back even if its in 30 years. I just wanted to do something nice for you." He reaches for her hand.

"You're the best person I know, you deserve a break." Timothée rubs his thumb across her hand.
Maya gives him a soft smile before nodding.

Maya looks down at their hands and pulls away. Timothée notices this and shifts uncomfortably in his seat. She can sense that he felt disappointed when she pulled her hand away.

"I'm sorry, I just had a really long week. I'm just stressed." Maya tries to reassure Timothée that he did not do anything wrong.

"You know that you can talk to me about anything, right?" He says.

Timothée places his elbows onto the table with his face in his hands.

Maya nods before reaching up, she pulls his left hand away from his face softly. She intertwines their hands, "I know, It's just been a very stressful week."