06

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓊𝓅,

( second-person point of view  )

The news of a new lead was exciting to everyone in HQ. It was especially exciting for you, seeing as how you were assigned to go undercover to follow it up. You had never gone undercover before, but you have seen people do it in movies. How hard could it be? There was a formal event your new suspect would be attending. You were to go and ask a few questions that would help L determine if you should pursue the lead while wearing a wire.

You wore a black dress that covered just enough to conceal the listening device. You slipped on some nice red heels that matched your makeup. You had not dressed up in a very long time; it was highly rare you would doll yourself up. It was a little fun.

. . .

"Hey, L, can you see the wire?" You asked, getting your boyfriend's attention. You messed with the tiny microphone that laid hidden under the neckline of your dress; the same neckline that fell lower than any shirts you owned. L turned to look at you and completely lost his train of thought. Due to the sight before him, he struggled to form proper sentences.

You couldn't remember the last formal outing you attended, and you didn't often wear clothing that was considered "sexy" in the conventional sense. This was almost an entirely new experience for L. The way your dress hugged your body had his mind reeling in ways no one thought it ever would.

"Um, are you okay?" You asked with a small chuckle. You waved your hand in front of his gawking face, successfully bringing him out of his daze. He shook his head and you saw him blush.

"N-No, you can't see the wire," L stuttered. You suppressed a laugh at his somewhat flustered disposition. It was not too often you got the world's greatest detective to stutter or to blush. You decided to make the most of the opportunity. 

"Do you think I look okay?" You questioned doubtfully, glancing down and straightening out your dress.

"Yes, you look nice," L said as he got up from his chair. You smiled as his charcoal eyes carefully analyzed you from head to toe. L had always thought you were the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen and this simply reinforced that fact. You were absolutely beautiful.

"Thank you," You said, feeling yourself smile. By the look in his eyes, you could tell he thought you looked more than just "nice." L wanted to just hold your face, kiss you deeply, and voice all the thoughts he was having. Alas, if he did that your relationship would very quickly be outed. He couldn't so much as touch you or even elaborate without arousing suspicion. Luckily, L was good at suppressing his male urges.

For now, at least.

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .