Sleep

Tony and Peter were very different from each other they both had one thing in common, they couldn't sleep. Tony had been haunted by everything that had guilted him and tormented him both physically and mentally. Peter had been terrified over a movie he had recently watched with his friends while over at a sleepover, Coraline.

Although these two reasons were very different it had then both up on a quiet Sunday night in October.

Peter couldn't stop looking at his door, afraid that the next time he walked out of it and walked down he would meet his Dad, well "Other Dad". Peter prayed to himself quietly that his Dad would stay the same.

Tony couldn't stop thinking. He had seen to many of the people he loved get hurt. He always got nervous of what would happen to Peter because the whole world Peter knows he is his son. Tony wasn't ashamed of it, he had loved Peter to the moon and back. The problem stood within the bad people who know Peter was his weakness. He hated to admit it but sometimes he wanted to even give up Peter. He never could, but Tony wished for a safer life for Peter.

Peter stared at his door continuously, afraid of what he would find if he opened it. Peter had thought back to the Dad in Coraline, and how he got sucked in the ground to his death. Peters eyes welled up with tears. He couldn't stand the thought of it. Unable to wait until morning Peter opened his door carefully and to his relief his house had seemed all quiet. It looked normal, but Peter had to be sure.

Peter tiptoed over to his Dads bedroom in his red pajamas. Peter looked through the creak in the door to see a lump on his fathers bed facing away from him. Peter had to at least look at his eyes to make sure they were his normal ones and not buttons.

"Dad?" Peter called out into the dark room. Immediately the lump jumped up and snapped their head to Peter. Two normal eyes landed on Peter.

"What are you doing up this late bud?" Tony asked calming himself down.

"I couldn't sleep. Can I sleep with you tonight?" Peter asked innocently. Tony nodded and patted the spot next to him. Peter grinned and ran to climb up on the bed.

"What's got you that's keeping you from getting your beauty sleep?" Tony asked tucking his son into the covers.

"I thought you had turned into a dad with button eyes who was gonna sink into a hole and die." Peter said tearing up. Tony laughed "Seems like we need to keep you off Tim Burton films for a bit huh?" Peter nodded his head rapidly.

That night they both for the first time in a while, slept in peace.