The Jog

•New York City, Present Day•

Fallon was taking her morning jog around New York City, just as Abby had ask. Instead of taking her usual route around Central Park, Fallon decided to venture out and took a different path. She thought it would be good for her since she had gotten so used to the area around the Park and what areas to avoid where the smell of blood was unusually strong.

Yes, Fallon was learning how to control her urges with blood and she was getting the hang of it, except if there was a lot of blood. If there was only a little bit, she could control it, but once it exceeded a certain amount, Fallon ran in the opposite direction because she knew it would not be long before her veins along her face would appear and the white part of her eyes turned into a blood red.

About half way through her jog, Fallon realized that taking this different route was a mistake. She found herself in areas where the homeless and drug addicts where located and the smell of the blood seemed to always be in the air, no matter how many turns she took to get away from it. In addition, Juliana decided not to join Fallon this morning because she wanted to sleep in. Fallon, of course, wished that she could be doing the same thing, but Abby was really strict about her control lessons and made she that Fallon was on top of it. Fallon was grateful of course, because she wanted to feel human as much as possible, but she had heard from one of her cousin's that they had to stay with Abby for a year before she decided they were good to go.

Fallon really didn't want that to happen to her because she wanted to get out of New York City. Fallon had spent most of her life here because her mom was really close with Abby and did not want to be far from her, so Fallon had always been around Abby. Her family home was actually only a few blocks away from Abby's house anyways. Once Fallon graduated from high school, she was quick to get out of the city and move to college far away. Except, that clearly was not enough, because her family and their connection to vampires followed her there and she ended up like everyone else in their family usually ends up like, a vampire. It was the one thing Fallon really wanted to avoid because she wanted to grow old and die like everyone else did.

Fallon saw what being immortal did to people, it made them lonely and upset because everyone else around them was dying. She always saw that about Abby, until Julia came around. Ever since then, it seem like life was brought back to Abby and she seemed happy again. But Fallon knew she wouldn't have that same joy that Abby had because she's a only child and both of her parents died while she was in college due to a car accident. Everyone that she loved was gone and there was no way that they were suddenly going to reappear, like Julia had.

After turning down around street, trying to avoid all of the junkies who had come up to her asking for money for drugs, a strong scent of blood filled the air. It was different from anything that Fallon had encounter before, it was like someone was bleed profusely, something she would have never found in the park. It was so strong, Fallon's body was compelled to find the smell and that's exactly what she did.

Turning down a dark ally, Fallon followed a trail of blood that appeared on the floor. Each step that she took, the black veins below her eyes appeared and her fangs slowly began to leave their hiding in her gum. Her body was calling for the blood that she smelt.

The trail of blood led her to a dumpster and as she got closer to the dumpster, a pool of blood surrounded the area. At this point, Fallon had no control of her body. Once she reached the pool of blood, she couldn't help herself in bending down and touching the blood. It was still warm and right before Fallon could taste the blood on her finger, she resisted. She knew if she tasted the blood, she would have to restart all of her lessons on control.

She wiped the blood on her black workout leggings before looking on the side of the dumpster, where the source of blood was coming from. Fallon gasped upon seeing the body. Clearly, it was a drug addict from around the area, except he was missing his throat. It was completely ripped out and blood was still pouring out of the wound. Without a doubt, this guy was killed only a few moments before.