Destiny vs Choice!!

Wedding Day

__________

At Dawn

------------

The morning sun is sending its very first ray to lighten up the earth.Mellow sun-light is spreading over like a paint-brush on a canvas.Everything is coming out of temporary darkness of night to have a new start of life for another day.

Annika is seen sitting on the balcony swing facing east ward,staring at the sun.The chilly November air is getting stuck on her loosely wrapped shawl around her body.Stains of tear drops on her face have dried up.A blank expression,like an eclipse has engulfed her,contrary to the bright,rising sun before her.She has sat putting her chin upon her gathered knees,swinging slowly.Beside her on the table,a diary's pages are turning over because of the restless air.

After the last ritual of the wedding got over,she came straight to her room,to the open balcony.Taking up the diary she wrote heart-wrenching words of pain addressing her Dad.She poured out her heart on the pages of the diary while shedding countless tear drops.Writing to Geetika was more painful in that circumstances so she opted a less painful way but that did not lessen her pain at all.Annika used to share every single,big or tiny happiness or sorrow in written words with her Dad and elder sister.The painful memory of losing Geetika was very raw so she could not summon up her dearest di with her pen.Pain,only pain surrounded her as she stayed awake rest of the night.

Just before the sun-rise,she put down the pen.Now she is watching the morning sun doing its duty religiously.Some time later she enters inside the room.All the tiredness of staying up the entire night and continuous rituals of the wedding attack her sensitive senses,finally.Annika goes to the bed and falls asleep in no time forgetting about the wedding,completely.

Late Afternoon

_____________

Annika is getting ready for the wedding.Vasundhara enters inside and sends away all the girls who were busy in beautifying the bride,for her big day!

Vasundhara goes and stands behind Annika.She opens up a jewelry box which she brought along.Taking up the necklace she makes Annika wear it.She puts a kala tika of kohl behind Annika's ear then says-

V:  Nazar na lage meri Gudiya Rani ko....You are looking the most beautiful bride I have ever seen.

(Annika's Bridal Look)

Saying that she takes few steps back

Saying that she takes few steps back.Waiting for few seconds she says-

V:  I am aware of your deeply felt hatred for me for forcing you into this marriage.Your anger is absolutely justified but I know at the same time that,that I am not wrong.Hoping you would understand me,one day and I will wait for that day.......You will leave me tonight,forever(Her voice turns shaky)