Chapter 43: A Disturbing Confession

"Do we really have to wait?" Haru grumbled, slamming his forehead on the lunch table.

Takuya and Akari felt the same, expecting some mind-blowing response from one of the others. They wanted insight into what exactly the plan was. Shota crossed his arms, giving a side-eye to Rei, furious with his delving into his personal affairs. He blamed him for (Y/n)'s running away the most though he knew Akari was just as responsible.

"I'd prefer if she came back herself," Yamato said, "It would be much more satisfying."

"What if she gets hurt?!" Takuya said, beginning to feel great anxiety rising in his chest, "She'll be in pain and she'll cry and - "

Shota brought the boy closer to him and began to calm him down, as a mother would. He began to demonstrate proper breathing, attempting to help him feel better. It took a while, but eventually, the boy calmed down, still a bit of fear in him for the girl. The others didn't seem to calm down so easily, protesting and arguing against the brunette's reasoning.

"Are you kidding?" Akari scoffed, "You know where she is, don't you?! What happens if he takes something from her?! Like her first kiss?! What are you going to do then?!"

The table went silent and even from the other side of the courtyard, you could see the deadly aura radiating off of their tense postures. The idea upset them to lengths they couldn't imagine and all of them wanted nothing more than to kill the male before anything happened. Yet Shota, being calm and rational, took the time to explain the dangers of committing that act.

"Maybe there's something to Yamato's wish," he sighed, pushing his hair back in a semi-frustration, "If she comes back willingly, there is a chance that she'll have a bigger feeling of freedom. Maybe then she'll more easily fall in love with one of us."

"What happens if she doesn't come back?!" Rei growled, "Then we'll have to follow through and kill someone. I don't really care about getting my hands messy, but how do you think she'll react? She'll be scared of us again!"

There was another pause as they tried to come up with a better idea or at least all agree on something. Each of them seemed to have contrasting ideas to another, constantly getting into arguments bordering on outright homicide. This became more common with every day that passed. It was astonishing that one of them hadn't killed another yet.

As the boys finally agreed on something, they began to calm down, feeling a sense of confidence. They knew that the girl would come back to them. While she might not do it as smoothly as they would have liked, it was better than nothing. They figured they would butter her up and win her heart that way. Then again, the question of who would be the one to earn her affections was an argument that plagued the table.

"You think she got our gifts?" Haru grinned, excited by the prospect.

"I doubt she cares," Yamato scoffed, "She ran away."

"You're so hung up on that," Rei said, crossing his legs and resting his chin in the palm of his hand, "It's a minor setback."

The brunette didn't take the blonde's words to heart, finding them almost ridiculous. There was a mix of feelings about the statement, but most of them chose to remain hopeful. Then again, it was fairly hard to do so when out of the corner of their eyes, they saw a certain blue-haired male. He was being followed by the secretary, explaining something to her. She nodded once or twice before looking over to Shota.

The redhead raised an eyebrow and motioned for her to go into a separate hallway. She bowed to Narahashi and ran to where she was instructed to be, holding a few papers close to her chest. Her expression was one of worry and when Shota approached her, she bit her lip, looking at the ground in a sort of shame.