four

chapter four - hogwarts express and harry

Once breakfast was over, the girls rushed to their rooms to get dressed and grab their bags. 

Remus and I went to our respective rooms to do the same, and we all met in the entrance hall fifteen after eight. We had 45 minutes to get to St. Mungo's, plenty of time. 

Lilian was last to arrive at the hall, and I smiled softly at her. She looked extremely nervous, and it was quite adorable.  She wore a pair of grey jeans with a thin light grey sweater over top of a teal blue tank top and a pair of grey flats. She wore a necklace that Remus had gotten her three years ago and the ring I had given her for her 11th birthday. She'd left her brown hair in its natural shoulder-length wavy style, pinning a few pieces out of her face.

Aubrey had been first, and she had immediately told me she was happy that I wouldn't be smothering them with hugs and kisses when they got on the train. It was kind of her way of telling me that she was glad she'd be seeing me throughout the year. She wore a pair of black pants with a long dark maroon quarter sleeve top and maroon flats. She wore the necklace that I had given her for her 11th birthday, and a bracelet that Remus gave her the same year at Christmas. The necklace was the one I had given Sirius when we had that picnic. I had told her the story when I gave it to her, and Aubrey loved that necklace as much as I loved my antlers. As much as she pretended that she wasn't close to Remus, she kept everything he gave her extremely safe, and I can't remember the last time I saw her without that bracelet. Her dark brown hair was, as usual, half-up and half-down, and far more curly than either Esme or Lilian. She was the only one who had my wild curls, and she didn't care to tame them.

Esme had come down grinning in excitement, she was more excited to see Fred than she was about anything else. She looked like she was certainly putting plenty of effort into looking pretty, wearing a green skirt, a loose black shirt that was tucked into her skirt, a part of ankle boots, and sheer black tights. I wasn't surprised that she wore the bracelet Fred had sent her for her birthday, a necklace that I gave her, and a ring that Aubrey had gotten her for Christmas last year. Her hair was a bit curlier than usual and fell down her back. Her hair was longer than Aubrey or Lilian's, was just barely darker than Aubrey's, and naturally quite straight. She always asked me to use charms to make her hair curlier, but she must have used the Muggle rollers I had bought her for her birthday. 

I wore black dress pants, a dusty cream-colored top, a black blazer, my antler necklace, my hair was down, shoulder-length and a light caramel color. I used a charm to make my wild curls far more tame and neat. The ring that Sirius had given me at our picnic on my right hand, and my charm bracelet where it always was. On my left hand, my middle finger, I had a ring that Remus had given me a few months before we found out about Hope. It was similar to the one Sirius had given me all those years ago, and I adored it. 

My engagement and wedding ring were in my bedroom, in a small ring box in my nightstand. 

As we all left the house, I wasn't too stunned to see half a dozen reports standing in wait for us at the bottom of the steps. 

They were here all day and all night. 

Four of them were Muggle reporters, and two of them were Wizarding reporters. 

Remus pushed through them as I flanked the girls to ensure they didn't get grabbed or cut off. I was surprised to see that they were rather tame on asking a hundred and three questions, but all of the questions were hard ballers. Things like, "Is he in the house?" "Are you leaving the country?" "Do you miss him?"

Once we were in the car, they backed off. We pulled off, and I watched as they dispersed. One Muggle reporter stayed behind, but the house was locked with enchantments, he had no chance of breaking in.