forty five

•••

•••

The next morning when Ellie woke up, Natalia's small body was pressed up against hers as per usual and Wanda still slept beside her, the others clearly having woken up already as she could hear the noise downstairs. As she moved to get out of bed, Talia whimpered slightly and opened her eyes, looking up at her mother. Ellie bent down and lifted Natalia out of bed so that she didn't have to worry about her kicking Wanda in her sleep. The little girl groaned as her mother lifted her out of the warmth of the bed and into her arms. "Shhh." Eliana whispered softly to Talia who rested her head on Ellie's shoulder and fell back asleep as she pulled a blanket off the bed and wrapped it around Natalia. She left the room and quietly closed the door behind her, carefully walking down the wooden stairs. She smiled at Pepper and Rhodey who sat at the dining table with Morgan, Harry and Elouise who had arrived while she was asleep. Ellie placed a kiss on Harry's forehead and then on Elouise's, "Good morning." She smiled

Ellie chuckled as she walked over to the sofa and sat in between Steve and Bucky.

"Morning." Bucky greeted his wife and placed a kiss on her forehead and a gentle kiss on the top of Natalia's head.

She leant her head on his shoulder as she asked them, "How did Tal end up in our bed this morning?"

"I heard her in the corridor so I went to see if she was okay." Steve told her, "She was really upset so I brought her into the room and then her crying woke Buck up."

"She thought I was going to leave again." Bucky added on and Ellie nodded, carefully shifting Natalia onto his own lap as Harry called out for his mother so that Ellie could get up. She walked back over to the dining table and sat on the bench beside her son.

"Mommy, when are we going home?" Harry looked up at his mother as she took the cup of tea out of Rhodey's hand that he passed her and thanked him.

"We uh, we aren't going home baby." She answered him, looking down at her hands not being able to see the look in his face.

"Why not?"

"Because when the bad man was here, he destroyed it so we're going to be staying here for a bit but then we'll find a new home, so don't you worry about it." Ellie reassured the little boy with a kind smile, he gave her a gentle nod before carrying on with his breakfast.

- - -

An hour had passed, it was 10:45 in the morning and Ellie had just gotten dressed with the help of Wanda so that she didn't tear her stitches and she now sat on the stool of the dresser as the Sokovian woman brushed her tangled hair.

"It's perfectly healthy Lia." Wanda told her out of the blue, confusing Ellie. Eliana turned around to look at her friend who stood with a smirk on her face. "I can hear its heartbeat loud and clear."

She furrowed her eyebrows as she questioned, "What is?"

"Your baby. I didn't mean to go inside your head but you aren't exactly very calm about it and so it's hard not too." Wanda explained with a small smile, standing up opposite her British friend.