Chapter Forty-eight

This chapter is dedicated to LRShade Thank you for all the votes and your kind words. It meant a lot to me. :)

Jessica

Jessica

I watch as Liam throws punches in a frenzy. I'm slightly trembling, but aside from that, I am frozen in place, unable to form a single word. I feel like I'm trapped in a nightmare with no way to wake up.

Thankfully, Ryan rushes in and attempts to get Liam off Louis.

"For fuck's sake, Liam! You're gonna kill him." He yells.

My knees shake, so I hold on to the car for support. Ryan somehow manages to get Liam off Louis. And I watch Louis' bloody face as he lays there on the ground, unmoving. My eyes widen for a second, filling with horror, but I watch his hands and legs twitch.

Thank God.

Liam rushes to me and grabs me by the shoulder. His eyes frantically roam over my body like he is searching for an injury. My entire body feels completely numb, and I watch him with wide eyes, unable to fully comprehend what is happening.

I stand still as Liam buttons my blouse with shaky fingers, and I notice just how busted his knuckles are.

"What the fuck did you do, Louis?" I hear Ryan say in the background, followed by a groan from Louis. He sounds like he is in utter pain.

When Liam finishes with my blouse, he looks at me, torment filling his eyes.

"I should have been here to watch over you. Christ! How will you ever forgive me?" He shoves his fingers through his hair, yanking at it.

He looks visibly shaken up, his eyes wild as he walks in small circles. I sniffle, and the sound makes it to his ears. His eyes snap up, and he takes a step towards me.

"God! I am so sorry." He reaches out to touch my face, and I flinch.

Liam takes his hands back, his eyes filling with horror.

"Jess? Baby, it's me." His voice falters at the end, making my insides quiver.

"I wanna go home," I whisper.

I sound like a frightened little child even to my own ears. Liam closes his eyes, taking a shaky breath before nodding.

"We are leaving." He announces. "Get help, you sick motherfucker! And if you ever come near her again, I promise that'll be the last thing you'll ever do." He says, turning to Louis, who is clutching his side and moaning in pain.

"I don't think you should drive right now," Ryan says to Liam. "You need to cool off."

Louis' sadistic laughter fills the air causing all three of us to turn our heads his way.

"What the fuck are you laughing at, you sick piece of shit?" Liam growls at him. "You're lucky he came in and saved your sorry ass, or else you would be dead right now!"