21

Sorry updates are so slow x

22nd August 2010

"What are we doing here Nik? It's the middle of nowhere." Grace sighed sprawled across the back seats, she had given up on sitting still and in one seat days ago.

"It's not nowhere love, just Tennessee." Nik replied with gout much effort, his eyes fixed on the road ahead, occasionally drifting to the mirror.

"Yes but we aren't in Graceland or Nashville are we. Nope we are out in the country side. What in the world are we doing in the country side?"

"I didn't take you for a complainer Grace."

"And I didn't take you as boring." She snapped back at him, raising her head and locking eyes with him in the mirror for a second before he turned back to the road. "I spent three days in a hotel in Pensacola and I didn't even get to go to the beach. I may has well have never come." She flopped back down onto the seat muttering her final words like a curse under her breath.

"What was what love?"

"You heard me Nik." She snapped, for once her temper seemed to be short and her patience thin.

"Do you really feel that way though love because I can turn round right now and drop you off. I've have no need for..."

"For what, me? Well thank you if that wasn't already abundantly clear." The sarcasm dropped off her tongue as she chided him. "That's the issue Nik, I feel useless. You have this master plan that you're executing - Stefan knows where he fits in but where do I? If I'm here to just look pretty and play the innocent card when you get in trouble then drop me off in the next town."

The breaks screeched and the car haunted to a stop, sending grace flying into the back of the seats.

"Nik!" Grace snapped, clutching her head. "I said next town not the middle of the..." her voice trailed off as she caught a glimpse of his eyes in the mirror.

"Grace you're here because that's where you wanted to be - I didn't drag you here you came willingly. You practically demanded I took you so calm down.

"I know, sorry. Can you at least explain to me what we are doing here. Please?"  She relented, still massaging her head.

"We are here to find a wolf pack love."

"And what do you want with a pack of wolves?"

"Well that information that would require me spilling my super secret evil plan." Nik chuckled, turning the key in the ignition and pulling away.

"I never said it was evil." She huffed in reply, this time electing to wear her belt.

"Was that not implied when I killed your friend?"

"Elena was not my friend." Grace snapped.

"Of course not love, sorry."

"Anyways, go on you were saying something about spilling a super secret plan."

"Well as you know I broke the curse and became a hybrid, thus the natural progression from this is to make more of the same - my own pack."'