Chapter Forty Six

Chapter song: Corduroy Dreams by Rex Orange County

Y/N's p.o.v.

I wake up to an empty space on the bed beside me. My back is sore, but my leg is in much more pain. I pressed the nurse button and grabbed my phone off the side table, checking the time. Ten thirty four. The door opens and a nurse comes in followed by Colby. He rushes over to my side, "baby, hey what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yea, well I guess.... my leg just hurts like hell." I said. The nurse grabbed my chart and started looking things over.

"I'll go grab you another dose of pain medicine," she said and walked out.

"I'm sorry y/n, I was out there while Tessa was filling out your release forms."

"Oh, it's okay. So does that mean I get to leave soon?"

"Yea, it does." Colby grabbed me a bottle of water so I could take the medicine the nurse brought in. "However, the doctor said you will have to be off that leg for a while." I swallowed the pill. "Meaning you will be in a wheelchair for a bit."

"Wait, what! A wheelchair... that's a bit extreme. Why can't they just give me crutches?"

"Well they will. He said until your back heals completely that you shouldn't be putting all your weight on it. So he said like a week or two in the wheelchair then crutches for a month or two, while you also have to do physical therapy." Wow. I sucked in a deep breath, as all this information was a lot to take in. "I know baby, its a lot. I will be there the whole time to help you though." Colby placed his hand over mine and took it firmly in his own. He pulled my hand up to his face and he kissed it softly. "I am going to go see if Tessa's done with the paperwork so we can leave." Colby kissed my lips swiftly and left the room.

I grabbed my phone off the side table and scrolled through Instagram and twitter. I don't think anyone really knows that anything happened. I had missed calls from both of my parents, I assume Tessa must have called them when it happened. I dialed my moms phone number and waited until she picked up.

****

Getting back to my apartment seemed to be much harder than I thought it would be. Getting in and out of the car proved to be a long process, and I was glad that Colby was strong and could life me in and out of the chair. I did have thoughts if Colby wasn't here though. Like if I needed to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Or honestly just in general, my back was pretty weak and I live alone now.

When we made it inside, Tessa and Sam were already in my apartment. "Hey guys." I said smiling and wheeling my chair over to the couch. Sam stood up and came over giving me a hug.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, as he pulled away.

"I'm alright. Not in too much pain just kind of mentally bummed."

"Yea I get that." Sam said. "But we will all be here to help you through it. You're not going to be alone."

"Yea I can sleepover on the nights that Colby can't." Tessa said.

"Oh you're staying?" I said turning to Colby.

"Of course baby. I wasn't going to leave you alone. I already brought some of my stuff over to stay for like a week."

I just smiled at him and he walked over, leaning down and kissing me. "I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I replied. The words always give me butterflies and I blush.
_________

A/N: hey guys! So I know it's been long overdue but I'm super busy, considering this is my senior year of highschool and I also got a job. But because I'm quarantined and can't do either of those I'm hoping to get a ton of writing done. I want to hopefully update either everyday or every other day. I love you guys and thank you for so much support on my book! I do have books in the future already planned. Thank You for 100k reads that's literally crazy!!! All my love to you during this crazy time :)
-Sam <3