°8°

The locked gates of the school opened, reveling a black sky with few stars on it. The silver moon was glowing above The Forest and it gave Donghyuck chills.

"I hope you have your ring Renjun, you don't want to turn into ash when the sun will be on the sky." Jaehyun told the other vampire who mumbled a yes and rolled his eyes. "Great! Then find the sirens and get me what I need."

The four of them turned and saw their principal clap his hands. A smirk was plastered on his face and the gates closed.

They stood in silence for a while. Donghyuck kept on thinking that it wasn't real, that he'll go back to his room and then he'll wake up the next morning telling Jaemin his nightmare, but when Mark patted his shoulder, he came back to the real world.

"We're leaving." He said and Donghyuck nodded, sighing heavily. In case of anything, he will be useless as he didn't have his wand.

"I should have asked Jaehyun to let me take my wand at least." Donghyuck mumbled and followed the werewolf behind, knowing that Mark heard him.

"I don't think it would have made a difference."

"Yes it would have." He accidentally raised his voice. "Sorry, it's just... I don't want to die doing this detention."

A chuckle was heard in front of them and Donghyuck made eye contact with Renjun.

"Have you ever entered The Forest, wizard?"

The vampire glared at him and smirked superior along with Chenle who chuckled.

"Never..." Donghyuck mumbled, feeling embarrassed as hell.

"I pray for you." Chenle said and the four of them walked on a path from the yard.

"Since when demons pray?" Renjun asked his friend sarcastically.

"Since now, now shut up."

Donghyuck followed the three from behind in silence. His head was somewhere else, lost in his thoughts. As soon as they reached the cottage in which Mr Song lived, they stopped.

Donghyuck looked up at the dark trees. They looked bigger and creepier than usually.

Renjun turned around and looked at Mark with a bit of disgust. Then his usual smirk reappeared when he looked at Donghyuck.

"Since you already know what's in there, I'll just explain it to him." He pointed at the wizard. "Once we're inside, we need to be careful not to cross the barrier. We don't want to call the nature demons and the wild vampires." 

"Wild vampires?" Donghyuck asked confused. 

"Yeah, wild vampires, little mortal. They are vampires who never left The Forest and who were born there. Basically, they don't know the difference between sucking the blood and eating the prey." 

Renjun whispered the last word into his ear and Donghyuck widened his eyes, feeling shivers down his spine. 

"Let's just go." Mark growled and the wizard wanted to say something before the werewolf disappeared in the darkness of the forest. 

Chenle followed him behind and Renjun gave him one last cruel smirk before following his friend. Donghyuck took a deep breath and stepped inside as well. He couldn't see a thing and he almost tripped over Mark if the werewolf wouldn't have caught him. 

"Be careful." He said and Donghyuck wanted to tell him he would, but his eyes couldn't see in the dark at all. 

Renjun snapped his fingers and the path they entered became golden because of the flying lanterns that were turned on. He didn't say anything and just walked deeper into the forest.