Chapter 10

We were back on the ship... sailing away yet again to find the Avatar. The sky was clear and Zuko found himself in the typical argument with his Uncle which I blissfully listened in on.

"There's a storm coming a big one..." Iroh said peacefully.

"You're out of your mind Uncle the weather's perfect! There's not a cloud in sight"

"A storm is approaching from the north I suggest we altar our course and head Southwest"

"We know the avatar is traveling Northward... so we will do the same"
"Prince Zuko consider the safety of the crew!"

"The safety of the crew doesn't matter!"

A soilder standing by on the deck overheard this and cocked his eyebrow. Zuko approached him,
"Finding the avatar is far more important then any individual safety.." Zuko stormed off.

"He doesn't mean that he is just all worked up..." Iroh added trying to comfort the crew.

I knew he didn't mean it... he made sure I was safe all the time! But dang it was he stubborn.. I tried following him but Iroh stopped me
"My nephew must learn to control his temper on his own terms..."

I nodded in reply not going after Zuko.

Hours passed and the sky's clouds turned a dreary grey hue. A group of navy guards stood together on the deck as Prince Zuko walked on
"Well looks like your Uncle was right about the storm..after all" one of the guards said

"Lucky guess" Iroh added trying to lighten the mood

"Lieutenant you better learn some respect or I will teach it to you.." Zuko threatened

"What do you know about respect?" The Lieutenant replied with disgust causing Iroh and myself to panic. The last thing we need is a fight!

"the way you talk to everyone around here from your hardworking crew, to your esteemed uncle shows you know nothing about respect! You don't care about anyone but yourself and that weakling little girl!"

I paused a bit startled as Iroh tried to stop the Lieutenant but he just kept going...Zuko growing even more abd more angry
"But then again what should I expect from a spoiled prince!"

Zuko turned around signaling for an agni kai. The Lieutenant signeled back ready for a fight.

"Easy now.." Iroh insensitived.

The pair grew closer and Iroh was forced to separate them.
"Enough! We are all a bit tired from being at sea so long... I'm sure after a bowl of noodles everyone will feel much better..." both eyes lingered with a cool distaste but eventually the Lieutenant backed away.

"I don't need your help keeping order on my ship.." Zuko muttered
Iroh tried putting a hand on the young man's shoulder but Zuko just walked away.

"When will he learn..." I thought to myself turning away to my room

Zuko had locked himself away in his room and the ship grew quiet. Iroh had gone off to tell why Zuko really wanted to regain his honor so bad to some of the crew. I waited nearby overhearing the tale... I had heard it a few times before but..  it still shook me to my core whenever I heard it again. Ever since I first met Zuko all those years ago I knew he was different. He had this kind spirit like his Uncle in him... although it had been hidden for many days now. The embers of the past seem to find Zuko... huanting him... permanently reminded my the harshness of his scar. I of course tried to comfort Zuko... I tried to be there for him... I tried... every day... every time I see that look in his eyes and I know what he's thinking. He's thinking of his scar of his father of his nation he was torn away from. And there I am trying to be there for him.... trying and trying everytime... just trying to do something. Of course Iroh tried to... we both had to. We both wanted the same thing, for Zuko to be okay. Iroh neared the end of the story and the crew listened intently.

"..After the duel.. the firelord said by refusing to fight Zuko had shown shameful weakness as punishment he was banished...and sent to capture the Avatar only then could he return with his honor"

"So that's why he's obsessed..capturing the avatar is the only chance he has of things returning to normal" the Lieutenant observed.

"Things will never return to normal, but the important thing is the Avatar gives Zuko hope" Iroh finished and I snuck away.

The storm grew even more and suddenly Zuko rushed out of his room toward me.
"(Y/N) the boat was hit wait in my room..."

"Zuko wait"

"What is it I don't have a lot of time here (Y/N)..."

"I just wanted to say that I think you're doing a great job as the ship's leader...that's all" I smiled.

"Thanks.." he said quietly blushing

"Now go..."

I could feel the waves crash upon the ship. The thunder roared and I could hear the bullets of rain although with the footsteps of the firebenders. I couldn't tell exactly what was going on.. but I could guess it wasn't good. Soon I heard the storm calm and then I could feel the ship move.

"Zuko must be changing our course..." I thought smiling.

I walked onto the deck of the ship to see a happy Zuko and Iroh. Good they must have made up...
"(Y/N)!" Zuko walked over to me absolutely soaked with rain.

"So I guess we ended up changing the course afterall..." I smirked

"Yeah..."

"You know I think this calls for some tea"

"Only if you agree to call it a date.." Zuko blushed

"I think that can be arranged.."