Chapter 44

Jungkook followed Jimin outside, a frown on both of their faces.

"Follow me." Jimin whispered while he made his way through the long white hallway in front of them.

Jungkook didn't know what it was what Jimin had discovered but he knew he wanted to know everything about it. Ever since Taehyung had become Jungkook's cellmate something about the whole situation had seem off. Jungkook was for sure Taehyung hadn't killed his own brother but he still had no idea why somebody wanted to frame the blonde boy. Taehyung had never once been a threat to Jungkook or anyone else for that matter. He just couldn't wrap his around the fact that someone had chosen Taehyung as their victim. Sure Taehyung was an easy target being the brother of the dead guy, but he didn't have a motive at all. His whole character didn't fit the one of a murderer, so Jungkook just couldn't understand why somebody had chosen Taehyung as the frame victim. Of course he had framed multiple people himself in the past, but they were always people that fitted the picture. People who could have actually done it. Taehyung wasn't one of those people.

Jungkook followed Jimin around the corner, already guessing that they were going to the boy's office while a small feeling of discomfort slowly took over his mind.

"Chim?" Jungkook whispered to get the boy's attention. He hadn't spoken with Jimin in forever and when he did speak with him it was business or boyfriend related. Before Taehyung had been in the picture Jimin and him had always been pretty close, of course not as close as Jungkook and Yoongi but still they were close. The moment Taehyung had entered the group their seemed to be a constant tension between them. Yoongi had become overprotective over Jimin while Jungkook did the same for Taehyung. Even though Jungkook and Jimin hadn't directly been in a fight themselves the opposite was true about Yoongi and Jungkook. The both of them had been in multiple fights about Jimin and Taehyung and that fact alone bothered Jungkook a lot.

Jimin slightly turned around to let the younger know that he was listening while he kept walking.

A soft sigh left Jungkook's lips. "Are we okay? I know we haven't spoken much lately and a lot has happened in the last few months. Some things I wish didn't happen and we never spoke about them."

A small smile fell on Jimin's face, slowing his walk to let Jungkook catch up with him. "Of course we are, we always are Kook. It just took some time to deal with the whole new situation, we aren't used to new members and you know how protective Yoongi gets when he isn't sure about things around him. I'm sure things will be back to normal in a bit." Jimin's smile grew a little larger while he wrapped his arm around Jungkook's shoulder.  "I'm really glad you brought Taehyung with you. Tae is an amazing friend and I can see how he makes you happy."

Jungkook lifted one of his eyebrows while he gave Jimin a questioning look, not catching on what the elder was hinting at. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh come on, talk to me Kook. We always gossiped about your old boyfriends so why not about Tae?" Jimin gave Jungkook a playful nudge against his shoulder while the younger mumbled something like 'he isn't my boyfriend.'

"Not yet.....Yoongi told me you called Tae the most important person in your life." Jimin playfully laughed, clearly trying to get a reaction out of Jungkook.

Both boys turned another corner, passing by the canteen where multiple members had gathered to gossip about the latest news from the outside world while eating the last bits of food that were left over from their last meal.

Jungkook shoftly shook his head while mumbling 'you two seriously have no secrets at all for each other.'

Another laugh left Jimin's mouth, his office slowly coming in sight before them. With a few last steps the both of them entered the small room filled with computers, both of them taking place at Jimin's desk while soft silence fell over them. Jimin started typing a few things on his computer, entering the files he needed while Jungkook let out another sigh.

"We've kissed, you know." Jungkook whispered out of the blue, immediately grabbing Jimin's attention.

The elder boy's eyes grew big while a huge small started to form on his face. "I fucking knew it! I'm so happy for you Kook!" Jimin placed his hand on Jungkook's arm, giving the younger a soft nudge of encouragement. "I can see how he makes you happy, we didn't see you smile in a long time Kook. He's good for you. You two were made for each other."

A small shy smile fell on Jungkook's face, not knowing how to react at Jimin's words. Jungkook had never been one to talk about his true feelings, sure gossiping wasn't a problem but talking about Taehyung wasn't gossip at all. He felt something for the boy and whenever real feelings became a part of the game Jungkook just didn't know what to do anymore. He had always been like this, he didn't like to let people know what he really felt. If people didn't know what you felt they also couldn't use it against you, he didn't like to show weakness and showing emotions meant showing weakness but with Taehyung it was different. His emotions didn't feel as a weakness with Taehyung, they felt good and he didn't want to hide them.

"Got it!" Jimin suddenly spoke, waking Jungkook up from his own thoughts. "Okay I've been working on this for quite some time now and I'm pretty sure I've figured it out."

Jungkook turned a little on his seat to get a better view at Jimin's screens.

"This." Jimin pointed at one file on his screen. "This is Taehyung's file, I've gone through it multiple times and I'm pretty sure I'm right about this. Taehyung's brother was killed with a knife....one of the special knifes we use in this gang whenever we interrogate someone. They found the same knife in Taehyung's house, the murder weapon was one of our own knives Kook, there was no way Taehyung could have gotten one of those in his possession. Someone must have placed it there on purpose."

Jungkook's eyes slowly turned into splits while his pressed his lips against each other. He knew it, he fucking knew it was one of his own men.

"That isn't all though. The file also says that his brother had been in a fight right before he was killed.....and that there was a second pair of fingerprints on him. Fingerprints that had been left out of the file, but fingerprints that I managed to get by hacking their system." Jimin spoke while he clicked through multiple files, his eyes completely focussed on the screens before him.

Jungkook's hands had slowly turned into fists by now, getting angrier by the second.

"I've ran the prints through our system Kook and they match, I've found out who they belong too and you won't be happy about it." Jimin softly whispered, being afraid the younger was gonna blow up at any moment.

"I've checked it multiple times and it's always the same person. I've checked our security system too and he wasn't inside the gang that night. He left at eight and came back after midnight, his clothes were ripped and there was blood on him. Everything points at him Kook, it all does." Jimin whispered, turning on the security cameras to show his point.

Jungkook didn't say anything at all, his face only getting redder by the second at the sight in front of him. The camera's clearly showed what had happened that night and it was more than clear that there wasn't any other possibility.

Without any warning a soft yell left Jungkook's mouth. "You've got to be fucking kidding me!"

Jimin turned to screens off, grabbing Jungkook's arm in an attempt to calm the younger. "It does make sense in some way Kook, he has a motive. What I don't understand though is why he framed Taehyung."

Jungkook ripped his arm away from Jimin while he stood up from the chair. "It doesn't matter, he's dead anyway!"

Jungkook turned himself around aggressively, walking towards the door that lead him out of Jimin's office and towards his next target.

Jungkook was ready to kill and nobody could stop him.

____

A/N

Question of the week:
Who framed Taehyung and why?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story and to get a little sneak peak of the next chapter.