Part 2

Jayne and Abraham had set out together to the shopping market to buy some things (obviously) and walked beside each other, basking in the sun that always shines brightly.

Pathetic fallacy always played a part in this game, it would only ever rain if there was an emotional scene happening, like a fight, robbery, or most frequently, whenever one of the capture targets wanted to kiss the MC. Everyone knows that kissing in the rain was the epitome of romance.

But Jayne and Abraham had set off together to buy their own things, Jayne, now Octavia's physician and appointed 'BFF' was off to buy some 'essential oils' to help fend off any deadly illnesses, luckily, within this world. Nobody ever got sick unless it was to move the plot forward, so Jayne's job as a physician as very minimal.

She had tried to get the job of 'head maid' but Octavia wouldn't allow it, saying that she deserved more than some 'lowly peasant job.' But she was okay with it, she only really wanted it so she could get close to Octavia and play Cupid between her and Abraham.

It had only been a couple of weeks since Octavia had woken up from the slumber, people were still trying to figure out how it happened, but they would never find out. But Jayne already knew, it was the villainess Selene Vaxater. Selene is an oracle who can see the future, and she did not like the future she saw. In the main capture target's route, Desmideus Zatara, MC finds out that Selene intended to put her in a dark slumber because she saw the two of them dancing at the Zatara Palace. Of course, she was in love with him because of plot convenience. But still, putting her in a deep sleep because she merely danced with him! A little bit excessive if you were to ask her.

Now, in this world, people don't die. Death is certainly a concept, but in the current timeline, the only people who are dead are the ones who have already died before the game starts, like Mr Morton. But in the endings where Selene has to be defeated, she is always either banished, turned into a rat, or has her soul is confined in an object which is then locked away so that no one can find it.

Abraham was with Jayne because he needed to buy more food for the horses, that and he wanted to just hang out with Jayne. They went to buy food first, which Abraham paid for since Jayne was still not earing any actual money. They then travelled to the herb and spice store. Jayne got what she needed to and was about to leave until Abraham snatched her bag.

"What- what are you doing?"

"I'm helping you carry your things." He opened the door, leaving the shop.

She chased after him, "Don't be ridiculous, it's a small bag of herbs!" She tried to reach for them, but he held them above his head where she couldn't reach.

"I told you, that when I was taller than you I was going to prove how strong I am." He cheekily smiled.

"Abraham." She lowered her voice.

"Aww, you're so cute when you're mad, like a bunny rabbit."

It was Jayne's turn to furiously blush, "Shut it." She snatched for the bag again, this time he let her take it back.

They walked in silence for a couple of minutes, making their ways back to the castle.

"Say," Jayne said, "Lady Octavia wanted me to accompany her for a picnic, and well, as two ladies, we might need some protection."

He grinned at her, "Is that an invitation?"

"Of course not, you're a stable boy, what is the first thing you know about protection?" She sped up her pace and ran away from him. He chased after her.

"Come back here Jayne!"

She ran off course from the cobblestone path onto the field, laughing and running free. Until Abraham tackled her to the ground.

They had ended up in a rather awkward situation, he was lying on top of her, her head in between his hands, their bodies touching and their faces inches apart. They stared at each other for a few seconds, but it felt like hours to him. Jayne looked to the side, her face soured, "Oh Look, Abraham, You've gone and spilt all the fruit out of the bag, now it's all dirty.

He gave a disheartened laugh and rolled off her, "It's just for the horses Jaynie, it's not like they care." He laid down beside her, admiring the beauteous view.

"And what about my herbs, eh?"

He smiled and pulled the bag out of his pocket, "Safe and sound."

"How-" she sat up, "how did you snatch that off me?!"

He sat up with her, "Well, I have my ways." He tossed it to her.  "Now, about me not knowing how to protect you?"

"Oh come on! I was only teasing, it's not like anything bad would happen." She would know, nothing bad happens unless it's for the plot

"Yes, but." Abraham became solemn, "I want you to know, I would do anything for you, you're the only friend I have around here, it's only you and Mister Morton. I would protect you with my life."

Jayne always found it strange he never developed any other friends, considering how fast it was to become friends with him. Maybe it's just that there were no other boys his own age growing up, and he strictly wasn't allowed to talk to the maids, but that never stopped him from seeing her. Maybe now as a teenager, he can finally make some friends.

But what he needed right now was a girlfriend, that being Octavia, of course, "I would do the same," all romantic intention flew over her head like it would with a main character "But seriously speaking, I want you to accompany us, keep a lookout, if you're good enough I'll let you have a breadstick." She pokes his chest and stood up, offering her hand for him to take, which he gladly did.

"It would be my honour, my lady." He did a mocking bow, as commoners, they both liked to pretend to be and mock royalty from time to time. He bent down to pick up the fruit he had dropped and they walked back to the castle.