↘︎ chapter thirty-two

32 | The Portkey and the Diggory family

Someone shook Marley Macmillan's shoulder slightly, and she barely opened her eyes and blinked against the light that irritated her eyes. Mrs. Weasley was leaning over her with a candle in her hand, quietly telling her it was time to get up. Marley just snorted, but stood up in sitting position on her bed. It was still dark outside, but it was close to dawn.

She looked around and saw Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley just waking up. Their hair were messy and their faces sleepy. Marley didn't bother to put on her clothes, but only after breakfast. She would go downstairs in her pyjamas, like everyone else.

Still, she didn't understand why they had to get up so early. She wanted to sleep, but inside she was very excited for the Quidditch World Cup that was tonight.

The three girls left Ginny's room dressed in their pyjamas and went down the winding stairs.

Ron, Harry, Fred, and George had gathered in the kitchen, along with Percy, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Bill and Charlie were missing. For a moment, Marley wondered where they were, but then remembered at dinner last night in the garden that something had been said about Apparating and suggested that they would come to the World Cup Disapparating from the Burrow. But Marley herself had no idea how they were going to get there.

"Good morning!" Marley greeted the Weasley family and yawned. She then stretched her arms forward, warming the muscles of her arms as she felt them fall out and barely clinging to her body. She had lost weight, but she was even more resilient after she started playing Quidditch. And even shorter. Or so it felt in the presence of Fred and George.

"Good morning..." Fred and George immediately replied to her and turned around on their chairs but for a moment George stared at her with eyes wide opened.

"What? Is there something in my hair?" she frowned.

"Ugh, no, of course not." George mumbled and his cheeks turned brightly red as his hair. "You hair is good, I mean, perfect. There's nothing on it and you need to chill down."

Marley laughed and sat on her chair next to him. "I'm chill, Georgie. I think you're not. Did you get enough sleep?"

"Haha, very funny." he just rolled his eyes playfully and focused on his breakfast - toast with butter, milk and a little strawberry jam.

"George, are you okay?" suddenly asked Fred, smirk dancing on his face. "Are you getting ill, did I go blind or you just have a crush on Marley?"

"Shut the fuck up!" Marley and George spoke at the same time, cutting him down. But both of them were redder than George's hair. The girl knew that everyone was looking at them, and for a moment she felt uncomfortable, but quickly stopped caring. "We could say the same about how you look at Lina but we don't say anything about it!"

"So you're not denying, huh Marley?" asked Fred again with the biggest smirk on his face.

"But wouldn't it be cute?" Ginny popped in the conversation and Marley looked at her ginger friend confused. "I don't think it's bad if George likes someone, Fred. He can do whatever he wants, but is it just me or I find George and Marley quite a cute..."

"Oh my god, yes!!" Hermione and Ron screamed with red faces and happy smiles on their faces. Suddenly, George choked on his toast with butter and began to cough. Marley hit him hard on the back. But it was a little unsuccessful because he seemed to be choking too hard with this bite. Marley then quickly got out of the chair and pulled George's one back so that there was space between him and the table. Then she put her hands across his waist and squeezed them, trying to pull the bite out.