Chapter Twenty Six - It's Just Good To Be Alive

Chapter Twenty Six

Once the Italian witches are ordered to stop the attack, Hope siphons the spells that create the barrier around the school. Klaus is there within seconds, he looks into Hope's eyes. He's checking to see if she's in transition. "You're still Human, how?" He asks.

"I thought of something better" Hope says with a small smile. Klaus just looks at his daughter for a moment and then he pulls her into a tight hug. Hope lets out a laugh. "everything is okay, we made a deal" Hope whispers to her father. 

"What deal did you make? Tell me why I shouldn't kill every last one of them" He growls. 

"Because they were just scared. They actually want to look at the school for some of their young witches. I made it clear to them that this school isn't a way to build an army" Hope explains. She turns to Luna who is walking up to them. Klaus steps forward angrily but Hope stops him. "Dad, it's okay" Hope says before turning to Luna. "sorry about my father. You must have heard about the ruthless Klaus Mikaelson"

"Yes... The original Hybrid" Luna scowls, looking Klaus up and down. "The man that caused most of those wars between werewolves and vampires" She says rolling her eyes.

"You must be thinking about Marcel Gerard, I turned him three hundred year ago, he was the one who started a war with werewolves" Klaus says. Luna looks at him in disapproval and then turns back to Hope. 

"We will be leaving Mystic Falls tomorrow. In the meantime we will go and find a place in town to stay" Luna explains. Luna then places her hand on Hopes shoulder, she pauses for a second as if she is reading her. That's because she is, Luna has the power to sense good and evil within someone. She then smiles. "You're nothing like your father, now that's surprising"

*

When Josie sees Hope enter the school she runs up to her and hugs her. "You're an idiot Hope, why didn't you tell me what you were going to do?" Josie says, clearly upset but also relieved that Hope is okay.

"Because you wouldn't have agreed with my original plan" Hope says as they pull away from the hug. 

"What the plan where you were going to kill yourself and let yourself go into transition just so you could get through the barrier?" Josie asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Well I originally planned to trap their whole coven but when I saw the numbers I thought that would be a bit hard, I didn't have a room to put them in as they were all outside. So when i was put in a car with their leader I heard my own voice pop into my head, the one that told you that I'd live for you. I realized that I had your siphoning ability so if I could convince their leader to back off then I didn't have to die, I could just siphon the power. So I did that" Hope explains. 

"And what if you didn't convince them Hope?" Josie snaps, annoyed. She steps back away from Hope. Which causes Hope to pull Josie into her. 

"I would have stayed in that damn car for as long as it took... as I said, I would live for you. Even if that means not triggering my vampire side. I'd grow old with you if that's what you wanted. Anything you want I will give that to you" Hope says, her face close to Josie's. Josie can't help but feel aroused by the tone in Hope's voice. Josie lets out a shaky breath and nods. 

"I'm glad you're okay" Josie admits. "I was so scared, so was your father. I almost siphoned that barrier and came to get you myself but Lizzie stopped me, she said that if you had a plan then we should let you try it."

"Why were you scared if you knew I'd come back even if I died?" Hope wonders. 

"Because I want you to have the chance to have kids. Also while you're in transition you can be killed, you become vulnerable like a human and I knew that might not end well for you" Josie explains. Hope hadn't thought about this of course, she didn't think about the possibility of actually dying until this moment. She felt a ping of fear and she realized that she shouldn't be so reckless. Hope pulls Josie into a hug and pulls away when she sees Lizzie strutting over. 

"Hey Mikaelson, glad you're okay" Lizzie murmurs with a smirk. 

"Come here you" Hope says, pulling Lizzie into a tight hug. Lizzie starts squirming in Hope's grip but then she caves and hugs her back. 

"What's this for?" Lizzie asks. 

"It's just good to be alive."