Chapter 4

Violet

Violet

"Milton? Oh Milton!" calls out an unhappy Violet as she fakes smiles while a dozen cameras are flashing in her face.
"Yes, Miss Harris?" asks Milton as he nervously makes his way over to Violet whom was posing beside the Tigers.

"Where did my date go?" questions Violet.

"You're whom went again?" wonders Milton.

"You know Milton. Don't play dumb with me! Where is Leo?" Violet demands to know.

"Miss. Harris! What a pleasure it is to have you hold this event for us!" interrupts Mr. Trenton Gills. He takes Violets right hand into his. He kisses the top of it. Mr. Gills was the head of the Tiger Rescuing Co that Violet was holding the event for that night.

"Why, Mr. Gills thank you ever so much once again for letting us show off these beautiful tigers" gushes Violet as she pets the top of one of the tigers heads.

"My pleasure to have them out here after all you are doing for them" he replies as he smiles her way. Mr. Gills was a wonderful man. He was around her own father's age. They were rather good friends. Which was why Mr. Gills got in touch with her in the first place.

"I am very sorry father could not make it out here to this event. He and mother were off to Africa on some business" replies Violet.

"I am sure off saving the world huh?" chuckles Mr. Gills.

He grins.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Something like that" laughs Violet. She wishes she had some help meeting and greeting with all these important people that were there. But her father left her on her own. He felt she was a big girl and could handle the sharks.

"Hello my lovely Vi! I have someone I want you to meet" Leo suddenly says behind her.

"Leo, do you know WHOM, I am talking with? This is...."

"Mr. Gills! I would know that handsome face anywhere! What an honor to meet you! I have heard so much about you and how you are saving so many animals" gushes Leo. Violet sighed. She knew she could count on Leo. He was always there to lend a helping hand. Mr. Gills shook hands looking impressed with her best friend.

"Mr. Maxford? Is that really you?" rambles on an excited Mr. Gills suddenly. He was going to shake hands with some handsome creature that Violet herself did not know what's so ever.

"Yes it is me sir" laughs the handsome man. Violet had never saw someone so good looking before.

Well she saw many good looking men. But not quite like this. He was eye catching. He had dark hair that was sleeked back. He was well built to impress.

Violet could see many ladies walking past giving this young man a once over glance as they did so. Violet did not blame them at all. His blue eyes locked right in on her. He smiled her way even though he was making conversation with Mr. Gills.