Chapter 7

Ashton

Ashton

"Fuck it" Ashton curses as he throws glass to the floor.

He was getting nowhere fast with Violet Harris. He was not able to take her out. Get close to this unreachable woman. What was with her anyway? She made his blood boil.

He managed to get a few kisses out of her the one night. Once he had a taste he was out for the hunt. He was going to get her. Even if she did not know it just yet. Ashton's father keep calling him. Ringing his phone.

"Not going to answer" he mumbles as he sends the phone to his voice mail.

His father would only upset him more. He did not need that. What he needed was a new plan. He was in this plan to win it.

Losing was not an option for him. He was not used to losing. Violet Harris had gotten under his skin. Now he wanted her out of it. His phone rang again.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Bloody HELL!" he snaps. His father never gave up did he? Ashton glances down at his cell phone. It was not his father calling. It was Leo!!

"Hey" Ashton answers the call.

"Hi there! I am so sorry she did that to you" Leo rambles on.

"She was pretty pissed off" Ashton warns.

"Look I know how she gets. You ruffled her feathers. Not in a good way. We need to make things right. Show her you are one of the good guys" Leo tells him.

"Think I don't know this?" he sighs.

"Look want to know why I am calling or not?" he asks Ashton.

"Sure" sighs Ashton as he runs his fingers in his black hair.

"Alright then. She is pretty pissed at both of us. But I know my girl. And my birthday bash is coming up. It will be one of the parties of the year. She never misses out on birthdays. So I am going to email you an invitation. May I have your email?" he wonders.

"Yes, it is just mr.maxford01 Gmail" explains Ashton.

"Great thanks" says Leo.

"Thanks again for doing this. What if she won't talk to me?" he worries.

"Let me talk to her first. Do damage control. I will try to tell her that you are a friend of mine. That I trust you. Man you better not let me down" warns Leo.

"Trust me I won't" chuckles Ashton.

"Good. I will talk to her. Don't come up to her right away. Let me. Then once she is calmed down. I will tell her you are at the party as my guest. I will invite you in the circle to talk to us" he explains.

"Brilliant plan!" Ashton says as he starts to feel a little bit better about this.

"You are welcome. We will get you two talking just yet. Don't give up on our girl just yet" warns Leo.

"No worries. I won't" Ashton says smugly as a smile crosses his face. His phone rings again. His father calling in.

"Listen I hate to cut this short. But my father is on the other line" Ashton warns Leo.

"No, that was all I had to say. Set the date when I email you" he tells him.

"Will do" Ashton says as he switches his phone to the other line.

"It is about time you picked up the damn phone" grumbles his father.

"Sorry pops. I was working on that deal still" sighs Ashton.

"STILL" his father yells.

"Look this is not as easy as we hoped it would be" Ashton warns.

"How hard is it to woo a woman? Or have you lost your touch old boy?" jokes his father.

"Never! Just this woman is something else" he sighs.

"Listen. Listen good. Get her in your bed. Get her to fall in love. Get her to marry you. Then our families will join. It will be perfect for our company. Got it? You only have to be married a year. Hell long enough to get more money from the Harris's" his father yells.

"I know this plan! We already talked about it" grumbles Ashton.

"Then get it done! I want to be hearing wedding bells. I already have a wedding planner on hold to plan the wedding of the century for the two of you. All you have to do is get this deal sealed!" demands his father angrily.

"But dad..." it was too late. His father hangs up on him. Suddenly Ashton's iPad beeped at him. He had an email already from Leo.

As promised. He opens it. It was directions, time and everything. All for Leo's party. Gifts were to be brought. He even had a place he registered at. Ashton smiled. He liked Violet. And Leo. So far. Really liked them. They seemed like pretty good people. Guilt set in.

"I will be there" Ashton reads out loud as he types the email back to Leo confirming the deal. He sends it.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

One thing about Ashton was he never let anyone get to close for comfort. No one besides his father. He never had a Leo friend. Not like Violet had. He never had time for friends for that matter. He tried not to let the empty void in his life bother him.

But sometimes it did. Like when his birthday came around. Or when it was Christmas time. Times such as family time. He tried not to celebrate things like that.

He was actually looking forward to going to Leo's party. Leo seemed like a really great friend to have. He wondered if Violet knew how lucky she had it? To have someone care about them?

Ashton began to do a little online shopping for his new friend Leo. He buys a few sweaters for his buddy. Then has it shipped right to his door for the next day.

That was all taken care of. He began to look at wedding rings. Did he even want to get married? His father never bothered to ask. Or care.

He just barked orders at him. He wondered what kind wedding ring would woo the heart of Violet Harris. It would have to be pricy that was for sure. He sighs.

He begins to look at top notch rings. Maybe once he was able to get Violet on a date or two he could ask Leo for help. Would Leo want to help him go ring shopping? Gay men enjoyed that sort of thing right? He was not sure.

He went over all kinds of styles in the rings. He would wait on the ring. First he had to get a date with Violet before he could begin to plot the wedding of the year.

He was glad his father had such good faith in him. Because after dealing with the likes of Violet Harris he was losing it fast.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|