Chapter 16

Violet

Violet

Violet woke the next morning. Her head was spinning. How much had she drank the night before? She knew she had wanted to have a little fun. But this was nuts. She never had this much to drink in her life. Not since she had turned twenty-one years old of course. That was a splurge for her.

"Oh my head" groans Violet as she opens her eyes.

The room began to spin about on her. Nearly making her want to vomit. She was laying on someone. A very warm someone. Ashton! He was in the room with her snoozing peacefully. Maybe he could tell her just what happened the night before!

"Man I need a coffee" groans Violet.

Anything to take away the pain in her head right then. Suddenly she notices it. A ring. A very large diamond engagement ring was plastered on her wedding finger on her right hand.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"What the HELL is this doing on MY FINGER!" she yelps as she sits up in bed waking up a sleeping Ashton.

"Morning" yawns Ashton.

"Tell me what the HELL is this thing doing on my finger?" she demands to know.

"Calm down Violet" sighs Ashton.

"Calm down my ASS! You tell me what this thing is doing on my finger right now...or I will...I will...."

"You will what Violet?" yawns Ashton. He looked bored with the whole mess.

"You did this! You got me to marry you didn't you? Overnight! Oh this is rich even for you! I should have seen this coming! This was the plan all along right? To land me? Get me in your bed! Marry me! Oh what a fool you think I must be Mr. Maxford" laughs an upset Violet. She gets out of bed. Starts to pack up her clothing in the room.

"I have done nothing. You are over reacting" laughs Ashton.

"Oh am I now? Here in VEGAS! With a snake like YOU! And I wake with a splitting headache and a ring on my finger. And I AM over reacting! You do not look surprised by all of this because you have been in on this the whole time!" she snaps angrily as she gets prepared to leave.

"Vi calm down now" he begs her.

"Don't you tell me what to do Mr. Maxford? You will be hearing from my lawyers" laughs an upset Violet. She has everything all packed up to go now.

He sits up. He looks to see he was naked still. He had noting on underneath. He wraps a bed sheet around to cover his middle. He heads over to stop her from leaving.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Please let me explain what happened last night" he begs of her.