Chapter 18

Violet

Violet

It could not be. But it was. Oh it sure was. Violet sat there at her chair gawking at what had just happened to her. She had a positive pregnancy test sitting in the palm of her hand. She was going to have his baby! Ashton Maxford! They only had sex a few times. But that was all it took.

He had not been returning her calls. Ignoring her. She did not want to have an abortion. But her family would not like the fact she was not married yet. And having a baby. They were a bit old fashioned about things of that nature.

Her phone rang. It was her mother! Perfect timing!

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Mother?" Violet gasps.

"Letting you know we are back in the states. I got your message saying you are married? How did this happen Violet?" wonders her mother.

"That is old news mother. I never was married. That was a mistake on my end. I thought I was married" sighs Violet.

"Well it is a good thing you did not marry that bastard, Ashton Maxford. His family are low life's. They have been after our family's money for ages" her mother grumbles. A bad feeling hits her.

"I have some other news mother. You are not going to like it" sighs Violet.

"I won't like it? What is going on?" asks her mother.

"I am having a baby" she tells her mother.

"What? You are? With whom? I am happy to be a grandma. But this is all so sudden" laughs her mother.

"The father is Ashton. I have not told him yet. I just found out today. Can we meet up? I really need someone to talk to. I don't know what to do" worries Violet.

"Dear I wish I could. I am afraid I can't. I have to fly out to Colorado with your father tonight" sighs her mother. Her parents were never there for her. Not when she really needed them the most.

"Are you sure you can't spare just a few moments? Mother I really need to see you" begs Violet. She felt tears of frustration come to her.

"I am sorry sweetness. I can't. I am sorry. Listen I will call as soon as I can. I have to go" her mother replies.

"Alright mother. One thing..." Violet begins to say but her phone call ended.

Her mother hung up. Violet places her head in her hands. Feeling down hearted. Tears come to her. She really needed someone to talk to. She could not get a hold of Ashton. Leo.

With shaky hands she calls Leo up.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Hello lovely! How are you?" he answers her.