Chapter 67: Little Sun

The Emperor was moved at how dedicated Chisona Taiyo and Abe Seimei to protect Japan. He then announced Chisona Taiyo as Princess Takara (Treasure) and Abe Seimei as Prince Kami (Deity). Having named by the Emperor means their status is already equivalent to the royal princes and princesses.

Yun Ren Xie just shrugged at the side then left the main hall, she have taken a jug of wine with her since she wanted to have a drink on her own. Walking at the outer yard, she sent the jade cups and wine jug on top of a table. It was her customized pavillion that was set on the grassy garden where fireflies settled under the coat of blooming flower shrubs. She loved this part of the estate dearly and a wisteria tree is planted in the middle where the pond is located.

Having finished half of the jugs content, she started to feel dizzy for the meantime. "Ha, there's only a few months for me to live." Yun Ren Xie settled her elbow on the table while prompting her chin above her hands.

Using her energy, a gentle breeze swayed the whole place as fireflies started to emerge from the darkness. Feeling quite entertained, she poured for another cup of wine but when she is about to take it, there was only an empty table.

She frowned the look up, startled at the man standing beside her. "K-Kamo Yasunori....."

Cold golden pair of eyes stared at her emotionlessly, his pitch black hair cascaded down to his waist as the moonlight warmly coated it with gentle light. In every angle, he does look like a gentle noble man but only Chisona Taiyo knew how cold he is.

"After ten years you've finally showed up and even taking my student with you." he sat in front of Yun Ren Xie before gulping down the whole drink and settling the cup down. Yasunori returned his gaze at the girl, he still can remember the twelve year old looking Taiyo. Deep blue eyes that were always bright and those pink lips that were smiling mostly. But now.... her iris went pale and the carefree her cant be seen.

"So what? After your betrayal you dare come up and even slander me? Your always shameless!" in the drunken state, Yun Ren Xie really want to strangle this man in front of her.

However, the man did not respond and his stare went soft. "Little Sun-"

"Dont! Im not!" she covered her ears trying hard not to listen to him.

"Listen, Little Sun, look at me." he stood up then removed her hands from covering her ears, pulling her in a tight embrace.

"Seimei.... that child is him, right? He's your son, am I correct?" Yun Ren Xie did not struggle as she felt her body getting weaker. She wanted to hear Yasunori answering 'no'. Fearing that he'll take Seimei away from her.

Kamo no Yasunori exhaled. "He is. And I need to settle him beside me as his master."

Her hope shattered into speck of dusts, so he wanted to take his son back?

"When he was down, where did you go? When that kitsune threatened him, are you there to protect Seimei? When he was kicked out in Kyoto, did you feel he's useless? Where were you during those days and now you want to take him away from me?" she kept pushing him angrily, all Chisona Taiyo's bottled up feelings finally erupted.

"He is going to kill you in the future! Im just retreiving him to keep a distance between you two! I dont... I dont want to lose you again..." from anger to tender tone of voice, Kamo no Yasunori tightened his hold to Chisona Taiyo.

Yun Ren Xie was taken aback.... is Yasunori... a reincarnator?

"Seimei... he wont do such thing! What rights do you have to say that? Can you be more reasonable?"

He fell silent for a moment before tightening his hold. "I was too blind back then to not believing you, she really is a kitsune. The time she gave birth to Seimei, its also the day I have seen you. When she was revealed to the public as a fox demon, I thought it was you who did that but I never knew you were locked up at the temple of the Abe family."

"Dumbass! You think that injury I got from you back then was easy for me? I went in recuperation for five years! If not for me lying to Brother Emperor, will you and Seimei's mother still have a chance to see each other freely?"

"He knew?"

"What? Brother Emperor and I are the only family left in our royal bloodline, so he's always there to keep an eye on me. I've been telling him bunch of lies that Im fine, Im with you, your there to keep me, and your the one I loved." Yun Ren Xie sobered up, she knew it wasnt her talking instead it was a soul fragment of Chisona Taiyo. "He never took action on you even if we both know he have intervened. It wasnt my fault when Brother Emperor revealed her identity! You kept my heart into broken pieces.... Yasunori, have you ever considered what I felt when you accused me that I framed her?"

"System, there's too many holes in this novel. How come Seimei's father is the reknowned Kamo no Yasunori? Did he just left Seimei behind when he's born? How did he end up in the Abe family?" Yun Ren Xie sat on the soft comfy chair, she have left Chisona Taiyo's body already but she can assist the soul fragment in controlling the body for the meantime. It was just making her happy watching drama....

"Kamo no Yasunori, why are you here then? What's the purpose of saving me? Has your guilt haunted you?" Yun Ren Xie sneered.

"I wanted to repay all the kindness you've shown me. Little Sun, I have seen you die multiple times in front of me and nothing changed even if I tried saving you. Although you've been with Seimei within a year, fate cannot be defied even if you built this illusion to secure yourself."

"Have you...." she choked, Yun Ren Xie never expected that this lifetime kept continuing even after the endings and Kamo no Yasunori is part of the plane's awakening.

He nodded his head, Yasunori have reincarnated once more after failing his attempt to save Chisona Taiyo. Every time he got incarnated, he kept his secret and tried protecting her however, everything still went in vain. Its not guilt that is pushing him, it was love for Little Sun. Her endless innocence and carefree attitude won his heart but now, he have seen with both eyes previously that she was more calm and aloof.

Being reincarnated after four years, he heard a lot of rumours about a young miss called Taiyo. He never expected the timid cat demon in his past lives have changed drastically, thinking she might have been reincarnated too.

"Yasunori, I still wont. I know Seimei cant kill me. Leave." Yun Ren Xie struggled but the man did not budge.

"If you wont let me take him.... Little Sun, lets start anew." Yasunori cupped Chisona Taiyo's face with one hand, leaning closer and showing how determined he is.

" Yasunori cupped Chisona Taiyo's face with one hand, leaning closer and showing how determined he is

The more the merrier! But seriously, I cant help adding more fuel to the fire..... And this one is Kamo no Yasunori, all images Im adding in this book werent mine at all, credits to the owners

History Tip: Kamo no Yasunori is also one of the famous onmyojis during the Heian Period. Kamo and Abe family were somewhat close I think. He is also the consultant of the emperor also, the master of Abe no Seimei