Chapter 16: Mew

Upon unlocking my door, I got the remote, tinted the windows, went to the fridge, got myself a bottle of water, drank it. He saw her. Why does it bother me that he saw her in my room.

"Hey babe? Did you even see me?"

"How did you get in?" I asked, a bit out of sorts.

"You gave me the passcode remember?" She said.

Shit, I forgot. I need to change the passcode again. I composed myself and went to her open arms. "Of course not. I must have a lot on my mind. I though your flight is to Indonesia?"

She looped her legs to my waist. "This is just a layover. I need to be back in an hour."

"Wouldn't you be late by then?" I said, hoping that we can cut this short.

"Didn't you even miss me?" She was kissing my neck. I brought her to the sofa and dumped her ass gently.

"Of course I did." I said while walking to get the remote back to set the window and change the mode, the one where it's still tinted but I can see from the inside. Then I looked down on Gulf's window. His lights are off. I took a deep breathe and looked at my girlfriend again.

She's a beautiful stewardess. We met years ago when I used to fly back and forth to Paris. We usually see each other when her plane has layovers. We weren't that deep but I also saw her as someone I can be with for a long time. She doesn't push. She has her own life and we seldom see each other. The perfect setup for me. That's why I am surprised that she came to me on a very short layover.

"Come here. What are you thinking about?" She said.

Someone else. I'm thinking about someone else. "I'm worried you won't be able to make it on time."

"Well I just want to really see you. I'd be busier than usual. My reliever is getting married soon and I'd have to get some of her schedules too." She's hinting marriage.

"Too bad babe, you'll need all the rest you can get. You want to rest for a bit?" I said sweetly.

She observed me. "Mew, is there someone else?"

I went to her and hugged her. "I'm just tired babe. I played football the whole night."

"Okay then. I'll just go so you can rest." You do that.

I kissed her forehead. "Thanks for always understanding me." I said trying to hide my relief.

"You better reward me at some point." She kissed me. "I'll just dress up. You can rest now."