Chapter 22

He then pulled away from the hug and just stared at me causing heat to creep into my cheeks.

"What?" I asked him while looking elsewhere cause it was getting awkward.

"Nothing, it's just that I'm thinking how did I get so lucky and end up getting such an amazing and beautiful wife", he said causing me to turn beet red. I pushed him playfully as I muttered shut up. He finally let me sit down on the bed for which I thanked him because I was practically leaning on him while I was standing because I couldn't stand in my own.

"I'll just go freshen up and then get you dinner", he said before disappearing in the bathroom.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

"So, how was your day at work?" I asked him as he fed me because he insisted. Not that I'm complaining.

We spoke for some time before he went down to speak to mom and dad while I just scrolled through my social media. After a while he came and he gave me the medicines before he turned the lights off and got under the blanket. He carefully placed an arm around my waist and pulled me towards him which I happily accepted partially because I was in the trance of the medicines and partially because I kind off enjoyed being closer to him especially in this cold and cozy weather.

I couldn't shower today. So I just took a wet wipe and wiped my whole body. Even though I was still disgusted by myself for not being able to shower today, I still handled myself. As I was in the closet, I heard the bedroom door open and Arjun and mom spoke in muffled tones before the door was slammed shut and there was a knock on the closet door.

"Anvi, the thing is that we have some of my mom's friends over and because everything was preplanned, the dress code is... saree", he told me.

"W-what? How would I wear a saree? I can barely walk without your support!", I cried out while tugging onto my hair. Here I am standing on one leg while I used one of my hand to support me as I looked for something comfortable to wear and he's like I have to wear a saree.

"I-I don't know, I would've called Sonia if she hadn't gone to the doctor for her check-up and I would have called mom if she hadn't been busy doing work for the get together and the maids aren't here until day after tomorrow", he said.

I only have one option left right now!

"Do you know how to wear a saree?" I ask him as I look for a saree.  Even though we were separated by the closet door, I knew I had rendered him speechless and there was surely a look of shock on his face.

"Would it be creepy if I said I knew?"

"No, not at all", oh god! The hell has gotten into me! Why am I asking for his help? It's going to be so embarrassing! Before I can even clip the blouse, I hear the closet door open and footsteps approach me. He touches my hands before moving them away from my back. Luckily, the hooks are at the back! He then hooks them every once in a while his hands grazing my back and as he did so, I would shiver. He then turned me around and took the saree and started pleating and draping and tucking. I noticed sometimes, he would purposely touch me just to have me shiver.

After he was done, he wrapped his hands around my waist and leaned so that his face was near the crook of my neck. His nose teased me as he placed a kiss on my neck.

"I like how I have an effect on you", he mumbled against my skin.

"Pftt..... Effect my ass", I retorted back. He moved his head so that now he stared at me with disbelief clear in his eyes.

"Really now, haven't we already cleared it that you can't honestly lie to me", he said as he leaned in.

"B-but I can try", I said softly.

"Oh really, you wanna try lying?" He asked as his nose touched mine and his forehead touched mine.

"I really wanna do something but I'm afraid...", he said. His words made my heart and mind go wild and crazy.

"The Arjun Malhotra is afraid?", I questioned.

"Nope, it's just that I know you wouldn't leave me once I do what I plan on doing", he said seriously. My eyes widen as I realised what he was talking about. I shoved him playfully.

"Shut up! And take my to the living room or else mom will think otherwise!", I tell him.

He picked me up and took me to the living room when the women are sitting and clearly enjoying the grand entrance I made. One of the female even squealed.

"They look so cute!"

"The most adorable couple, even my son isn't that caring"

They gushed and one of the older looking female says

"Young love, even my husband did it to me. You must really love your wife, right Arjun?" She asked cashing my mom to smirk and my eyes to widen as I stared at Arjun who seemed to be blushing a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another update withing 24 hours! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well.

Me while writing my English assignments:

Love,
D❤️