Fifty Shades of Shit

-Elena-

I sat on the floor against my cell bars while Damon stood against his as the basement door across from us opened. "What the hell is this place?" A voice asked and I furrowed my eyebrows and quickly stood as Aaron came in.

"Aaron?" I asked in confusion and some relief once I saw him and he rose an eyebrow at me.

"Great. Mini-Wes." Damon replied with a sigh from the cell beside me and Aaron furrowed his eyebrows.

"I had no idea what Wes was doing—I didn't even know there was a basement down here." Aaron stated as he looked around the room and other cells around us in confusion.

"Aaron, you have to help us." I stated in defeat towards him before he pulled out some sort of fun from his waistband and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I wanna know the truth." Aaron warned, loading the gun full of wooden bullets. "When you met me at Megan's memorial, you asked me a bunch of questions." He stated before groaning as one of the bullets fell onto the floor.

"Slick hands, cowboy." Damon stated sarcastically and Aaron angrily looked up at him.

"Yeah, well I've never used a gun before. And I've never killed anyone either, unlike you." Aaron countered as he looked at me and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion as Aaron's breaths became shaky.

"Wes said a vampire killed Megan." Aaron answered before he cocked the pistol and pointed it at my head.

"And you thought it was Elena?" Damon asked in annoyance from the cell beside me and I took a deep breath.

"No. Megan was inside this house. I hadn't even been invited in yet—" I started before Aaron quickly cut me off.

"Wes also said that a vampire killed my parents! Maybe that was you, too." Aaron countered as he tilted his head and I groaned lightly.

"No, Aaron that's impossible—" I started again only for him to cut me off.

"Why else would you be so interested in me?" Aaron asked in disbelief as he held the gun closer to me now.

"Calm down." Damon warned from his cell and I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

"Why else would you pretend to be my friend? She's a vampire!" Aaron stated with glazed over eyes as he looked at Damon before back at me.

"Not the one that killed your parents." Damon countered calmly and I watched as Aaron narrowed his eyes at me. "It was all me." He added and I furrowed my eyebrows. Aaron slowly lowered the gun and looked at Damon in confusion.

"What did you just say?" Aaron asked emotionlessly before he put the gun up towards Damon who didn't answer. "Start talking." He warned and I clenched my jaw.

"Damon, what are you doing?" I asked in confusion but Damon didn't answer me as his eyes were glued to Aaron's.

"In 1953, after the fire, Enzo was dead. So I had to take in my revenge plan solo. My plan was to take out the Augustine society and then kill every member of the Whitmore family." Damon stated emotionlessly and I furrowed my eyebrows as Aaron watched him. "Except one person. Then I'll take out the Whitmore family all over again.. Leaving only one person to carry on the name. Then I'll take out the generation after that, and so on, and so on." Damon explained as silence surrounded us. "And that's exactly what I did." He pointed out and I watched as Aaron's eyes watered.

"How many Whitmores shave you killed?" Aaron asked, letting the gun shake in his hand as he stared at Damon through the cell bars.

"Since 1958? I lost count." Damon answered emotionlessly and I clenched my jaw at him as I looked away from Aaron.