EJ Caswell Imagine: Valentine's Day💌

Author's Note: Hey guys! Happy Valentine's Day. I am currently sitting in my room lounging, writing fanfics, and watching P.S I Still Love You. Giving credit to one of my best friends (you know who you are), for this fanfic idea. I ship it. Don't forget to vote and comment. I am still taking requests, so far no one has left any :/, but that's okay I have tons of ideas. I just need more time. College is time consuming.

E.J's POV

Today was Valentine's Day. Some stupid made up holiday that's all about love and couples. I really don't care for this kind of stuff, but my new girlfriend Gina does. She's going to be so mad at me, I didn't get her anything. I kind of forgot and also, I didn't know what to get her. I even asked my cousin Ashlyn for help and she refused to help me.

I walked through the doors of East High hoping that I wouldn't see Gina anywhere. I didn't want to confront her with no valentine while everyone else gave theirs out. Instead of walking to her locker, like I did every morning; I decided to go to my locker and get my AP World History textbook. I have a quiz in that class today and I need to keep my GPA up for Coach Sanders. As I was putting my Leatherman jacket out of my locker, Gina surprised me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Hey babe, why weren't you at my locker this morning like you always are?" Gina said while holding a letter with a bunch of heart shaped stickers on it.

"I have a quiz; I have to study for in AP World History." I think she could tell that I was nervous because I was starting to stutter and EJ Casswell never stutters.

"Oh well, good luck, babe. I know you'll do great like you always do. Do you know what day today is?" She asked while fidgeting with the note in her hand.

"Umm February 14, 2020." I said trying not to giveaway the fact that I didn't have a gift for her.

"Well yes, but it's also Valentine's Day silly. I know that this is some stupid thing that children do in elementary school but transferring schools every year made me miss out on a lot of fun stuff like this holiday. I made you a valentine. You can read it now." She said while proudly handing it to me.

Before I could respond the bell for first period rang and we parted our ways to different classrooms. I was walking to AP World History, when I ran into Carlos who was dancing elegantly in the hallway bumping into students on his way to class.

Our STEM teacher, Mr. Mazarra yelled from the entrance of a classroom, "Carlos, is there somewhere you're supposed to be?"

"Broadway." Carlos kept dancing into Mr. Mazarra's classroom while I admired him from afar.

"Nice moves Rodriguez."

"Aren't you supposed to be in some dumb AP class?" Carlos said while staring at the tall water polo captain.

"Yeah but I really don't want to be in it. I am only it so that I can get a good scholarship in college next year. My dad can't afford a lot right now."

"Mr. Rodriguez, your late. Mr. Caswell head to class. First period bell already rang. You are never tardy; I'll send a note to your history teacher. Don't mention it." Mr. Mazarra said while peeping in on our conversation.

Why did I tell Carlos about my Dad's money situation? Why was I admiring his dance moves? Why can't I just tell Gina that I don't love her? Why does everyone think I am that perfect straight A students who is involved in every extracurricular? I am not.

Gina's POV:

"Hey girls can I ask you a personal question about love?" I was sitting at a lunch table in the cafeteria with Nini, Ashlyn, Kourtney, and Steph.

"Yeah of course, Go ahead." Nini said while biting into a carrot.

"Do you think that I should be suspicious about the fact that EJ hasn't said those three words to me yet? It's been a month and a half and I feel like I am the only one in the relationship who puts any effort in. He hasn't given me my valentine's day gift yet."

"Maybe he's waiting for the right moment and isn't a month and a half too early. I mean it took Ricky and I, months, days, even years to say those three words." Nini said while taking a sip of her soda.

"Oh, he hasn't told you yet." Ashlyn said and then going silent as if she wasn't supposed to say anything.

"Told me what?!" I said a bit too loud.

"I'll leave it to him to tell you. It's not my place. I shouldn't have said anything." Ashlyn said while eating her lunch quietly.

"Why can't you tell me?"

"EJ needs to tell you himself. Also, he's not a big gift giver so don't worry if he doesn't give you anything." Ashlyn said and then went back to writing sheet music.

"Does anyone know what she's talking about?"

All of the girls except for Ashlyn, shook their heads, no in response to her question.

E.J's POV:

I got my lunch bag from my lucky and headed to the cafeteria, hoping that Gina wouldn't be wondering about where her valentine was. Before I could reach the theatre group table, Gina approached me, and she didn't look happy.

"Woah, babe is everything okay? You look angry and confused." I hated calling her babe, but she insisted on it.

"Can we talk umm in private? over there." She pointed discreetly to a table in back of the podium.

"Yeah sure. Is everything okay? You were all bubbly and excited this morning." I tried to act like I cared when I kind of didn't.

She took my hand and we walked over to the table, where hardly anyone could see us. I sat down and put my lunch bag on the table. In case, she was moving again, or something happened I placed my hand over hers on the table to show affection.

"So... I was eating lunch with the girls and Ashlyn brought up something interesting. Apparently, your hiding something from me? We tell each other everything. Please tell me if something is bothering you?"

"Nothing is wrong with me." I said through my teeth.

"I know your lying. If you don't tell me, I am going to make Ashlyn tell me." She said angrily about to leave the table.

"Fine. I like guys. I think I'm gay. I like Carlos. There's something wrong with me." I said before breaking down in tears and putting my heads on the table trying to hide my face. As Miss Jenn says, "shows no emotion". I tend to bottle up my feelings and take my frustration or anger out during water polo.

"So, your saying you dated me to get your mind off of Carlos, who is currently dating Seb. You never loved me."

"Yeah." I looked up at an angry Gina with puffy eyes.

"Please don't tell anyone. Especially Carlos, he can't find out. Tell everyone that I went to go practice my lines for the musical I won't be at lunch. Please Gina I beg you." I said while looking down hiding my face.

"I promise I won't tell anyone as long as you tell your friends when you're ready and you have to tell Carlos at some point. Also, there's nothing wrong with you. Love is love. Look, Nini's moms are together and there happy. Go clean yourself up and don't forget to eat. I'll see you at rehearsals." Gina said while embracing me in a small non-intimate hug.

The End