-27-

CHAPTER 27 | TRUTHS

Ylva's P.O.V.

Everyone slowly exits Pyro's room but me. I couldn't help but stand there and stare at him while he sleeps, unaware of what just happened. Part of me hopes that this won't be a regular thing. I was scared to leave him by his self, fear that another episode would happen if he were by himself.

I didn't want to lose my little brother.

"He's fine," the lady ensures me as she moves to stand next to me, "after all this, he will be sleeping for a while. Besides, I think you need to hear this along with the rest of your family."

I took one more look at him and exited his room, leaving his bedroom door cracked.

Once in the kitchen, everyone was silent. The only noise was from my father's footsteps as he paces back and forth.

"What is happening to our son," my father finally asked, continuing to pace around the kitchen, "will that happen again?"

"First off, I'm Aoki Lightwood," the woman stood against the wall as she introduces herself, "And no, it won't. His wolf was taking on an element. It is something every white wolf undergo once they have been blessed. But, somehow, he didn't take on an actual element."

"Is that bad?"

"Well, it is not good," she turns her attention to my mother, "Why would you perform on him?"

"He was having backlashes when he used his powers," my mother slowly went on to say, "I didn't want those backlashes to get any worse."

"Did you ever consider what it would do to him?" she asked but gave no time for anyone to answer, "what it would mean if he is blessed by the goddess' Divine Blessing?"

"I thought the Divine Blessing helps with controlling a white wolf's abilities," I look over at my mother then back at Aoki, "that is what the ritual is for, right?"

"There are two types of blessings that the Lupa Pawa can bestow onto a white wolf that perform that ritual," Aoki took turns looking at each of us as she spoke, "the first type of blessing does as you say, it helps a white wolf have better control of her abilities."

"And the other type of blessing?" my father curiously asked.

"The second blessing also helps with controlling their abilities," Aoki pause for a second before continuing, "this blessing prepares them mentally and physically for what is to happen next."

"Pyro's wolf may be in the running for becoming the next goddess," father went on to say as he points over to my mother, "she told us already."

"In the running?" Aoki let out a faint laugh, "What do you think happens when the current Lupa Pawa ascends to the higher plains?"