⤫1.46

Jeno's head instantly snapped towards his Human girlfriend, eyes wide and the cafeteria was so silent you could have heard a pin drop

Chaerin, despite her pain, turned to Jeno.
"I hope you know your girlfriend is a cheater." She chuckled wryly, ripping off the friendship necklace of an angel pendant off her neck and threw it towards Heejin.

"You know what," Chaerin began, clenched fists and she scoffed out a laugh. "You really can't stand other people being happy can you?"

Heejin eyed Chaerin and crossed her arms.
"We still kissed last night and you're not swinging punches? I thought you'd at least go Demon rage on me- I'm sure everyone would love to know you're half-"

Jeno covered Heejin's mouth, unable to get angry but if he could- he'd be fuming.
"We're over." He spat out.
Heejin shrugged.
"I'm disappointed he didn't kiss back, oh well he isn't my type anyway."

Chaerin's eyes pricked with tears.
"You call him your soulmate but even you haven't kissed him." Heejin taunted, standing up.

Chaerin watched angrily as the girl sauntered towards her.
"At least I'm not a clingy, idiotic child who is beyond insecure that's it's funny at this point."

Chaerin's hands itched to reach out and strangle her, overcome with rage.
"Shut up." Chaerin seethed out.

"Or what?"
Chaerin's breaths were shallower and she couldn't feel the rage build up with every passing second.

"Will you set me on fire? Aww, she thinks she knows how to control her powers"
The atmosphere became heated and Chaerin clenched her jaw.

"Shut up Heejin."
"Oh come on Chaerin, you don't actually believe you're not worthless? Always just there, a third wheel- but I guess that's what you deserve-"

Heejin was cut off by Chaerin launching a fist into her face and the impact left a sickening crunch.

Gasps resounded around the cafeteria and Heejin cried out in pain, clutching her nose before growling out and lunging for Chaerin.

But before anything could happen, two arms encircled her waist, same with Heejin.
Chaerin was agonisingly angry.

"Calm down love." He whispered and Chaerin looked up at the person who had his arms around her.

"Jisung?" She asked confused and the Demon nodded, guiding her out of the cafeteria so they could be alone, so she could relax.

"Don't worry, I'm going...I just thought you wanted to get out of there." He spoke gently, turning around and walking towards the door.

And she let him go.

She wasn't in the right mind to talk to him, she couldn't even look at him without wanting to cry again.

Chaerin felt overwhelmed by everything that had happened, she was a half breed- both Angel and Demon but she couldn't seem to adjust to the life given to her.

Everything was happening too fast, too quick for her to even stand back and breathe.

How could she be calm and sane knowing she was to die within two weeks?

Chaerin wasn't ready to die.