Part 4

I woke up at early, having only three hours sleep, I was a little on the grumpy side. I yawned, trying to wake myself up. I rubbed my tired eyes before smelling an amazing smell. My eyes fluttered open when I saw a cup with steam coming from it. I followed the hand and arm to that of Kaleb's smiling face.

"Good morning, Caramel Latte half strength and soymilk." He smiled at me. I looked up at him with a grin.

"You are my hero."

"Late finish?" he guessed.

"Yes, and worst of all, Harry kept my pay. He refused to pay me because we were an hour late and I assaulted someone." I complained.

"Did you?" he asked. I scowled.

"No!"

"Mm, then why are you so worried for?" he asked.

"Because I needed that money for rent. Lilly has to cover me, and I feel bad." I groaned, feeling frustrated.

"I could use a hand tonight at the gallery, if your free." He offered.

I grabbed his arm, eyes wide.

"Really?" I asked hope filling me.

"Yeah, an extra set of hands is always good." He shrugged.

"Thank you!" I threw my arms around him, I let go and spun around dancing, he laughed.

"You're welcome."

We walked and started to talk about random stuff. I noticed Kaleb giving a few glances across the street, his eyes narrowing. I looked over to see the beautiful blonde from the other night. I smiled a little when she waved at me.

"Do you know her?" he asked, his tone low.

"I met her last night. Catering gig, remember?" I said a little confused. We had texted last night, I told him about crashing into someone. He looked over before he turned his back to her and looked down at me. "I will text you later?" he phrased it as a question.

"Sure." I smiled, he walked off, I watched as he glanced over his shoulder.

"That was rude." The blonde huffed.

"He isn't normally like that." I defended quickly. I watched her perfect brow arch up before she just gave a small smile.

"Do you like him?" she asked.

"Kind of, well, he is a friend." I finished in a roundabout way.

"Hmm." She replied. I turned, looking at her.

"I forgot your name, sorry."

"Rebekah." She smiled at me. I repeated it, forcing it to stick in my head.

"How was the rest of the night?" I asked, filling in the silence.

"It was ok, though Nik was a pest and got drunk." She shrugged. I just nodded.

"How was yours?" she asked.

"Would have been good if I was paid. Apparently because I was late and assaulted someone, I wasn't entitled to my check." I sourly spoke, feeling my anger spike. I could feel this power coming from Rebekah and frowned. It was like her mere presence demanded attention.

"That's bloody ridiculous." She sounded as outraged as I felt. I found my lips twitching upward. She grabbed her phone, her fingers flying over the keyboard before she smiled at me. "I just told my brother who will deal with this. I don't want the staff to not be paid by something so stupid."

"Ah, thanks?" I was a little confused.

People weren't usually this nice in New Orleans and I should know, I have been here for as long as I could remember.

"Did you find your friend?" I asked suddenly remembering the mix up. I frowned, that nice man had also called me Jordan. Maybe I had a twin out there and I didn't know?

"Noo." She answered, dragging out the word, glancing at me. I gave her a soft smile.

"Sorry to hear that. Someone else was looking for her too."

"Who?" she shot back quickly.

"Eric.....no....Eli....ELIJAH!" I snapped my fingers when his name sprung to mind. I grinned feeling a little proud of myself.

"Elijah." She murmured and I watched her face light with knowing.

"Do you know him?" I asked.

"He is my brother."

Ah, that would make sense, they were clearly meeting a family friend named Jordan. The name rolled in my head, sounding right, like it fitted. I scrunched my face before shaking my head. I was clearly sleep deprived.

I sipped the latte that Kaleb as given me and smiled, he had gotten everything right, down to the two teaspoons of sugar. I had a sweet tooth.

Rebekah and I walked around, she left me and asked if we could meet again tomorrow. I had told her I would have to let her know since I was going to be working tonight. I took her number, saving it in my phone. I sent her a text to let her know it was me. I walked the stalls, nodding as a few women smiled at me. I felt drawn to this necklace, my fingers running over the stone before I smiled.

"Wow." I whispered.

"You can have it." the woman behind the table stood, smiling at me. I shook my head rather quickly.

"I couldn't." I smiled at her.

"I insist. It belongs with you, child. We must stick together." She winked at me, before walking around, necklace in hands. She ordered me to turn and I did so. I felt the necklace hit my chest, a warmth flooding through me. It was like I needed this necklace. I turned back with a smile, reaching into my handbag, about to give her the last of my money. She took my wrist, her finger gently running over my pulse. "You have suffered enough, child. We must always look after our own."

"Ok." I nodded, feeling some kind of connection with her. she reached up and touched my cheek, cupping it.

"You don't know who you are." the sad look in her eyes had my heart pause. How did she know? It wasn't common knowledge about my accident, I felt this cold sweat wash over me. she pulled me into a hug. "Come by my store tomorrow night."

She handed me a small card. I looked down at it, reading the address, it was two blocks from my apartment, I looked up to ask what time and she had vanished, like, into thin air. I looked around, feeling really confused, the necklace being the only reminder that she was real and I had been talking to someone.