twenty six

13 YEARS AGO

"Minhyo! Where do you think you're going? Remember what the doctor said?" Mom asked as she chased me around my hospital room.

"But mom, I wanna go the playground!" I whined.

"Dear, the doctor said you should rest," mom sighed.

"It will only be a for a little while mom! Pretty pleaseee?" I pouted as I put my two small hands together.

"But Minhyo, you're not fully cured yet, have you seen the faint red dots on your arm?" Mom asked with concern laced in her voice.

"But mom, it will be quick, I promise I won't go near the chickens!" My innocent voice pleaded.

"Ugh, fine, but only for 30 minutes," mom replied and smiled.

"Thanks mom, I'll be quick. I promise!" I exclaimed as I hugged her legs.

I ran outside my room through the hallways of the enormous hospital. When I first came here, I saw a huge park with an amazing playground.

As I reached the gates, I pushed them open, breathing in the scent of the fresh air as I observed the green grass, the blue skies, and the fluffy clouds painted on the blue canvas.

Its been long, nature.

My mom brought me here because I got sick with red dots all over my body. They found out I had chicken pox and brought me here.

My gaze landed on the massive playground on a somewhat huge park.

The playground was surrounded by benches on each side and there was a patch of green grass surrounding it.

I was about to play on one of the swings when I saw a small figure sitting on the farthest bench, engrossed on something on its two small hands.

I decided to approach the figure since it looked lonely. As I neared it, the figure adorned a patient's outfut as its brown eyes seemed so focused on a notebook that he's scribbling on.

I climbed to one of the benches and sat beside, waiting for him to turn his head to me but he seemed so engrossed on the notebook so I decided to sneak a peek on the notebook.

"Snowflakes falling, time passes so easily and I already miss you," I mumbled.

His head jerked and he faced me, his eyes widening.

I looked into his dark brown eyes as his plump lips formed into a pouty gesture.

His head was wrapped in a clean bandage as he closed his notebook quickly, his cheeks burning pink.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I disturb you?" I asked, nervously pausing as his lips opened.

"N-no, not at all," he stuttered, his cheeks still burning.

"Why are you... here?" He continued, looking at the ground.

"In this hospital? I caught the chicken pox, you know its a rage lately," I replied. "You?"

"Mom said I had to go back to the hospital after an accident I got four years ago, its been a year since I've been here," he explained.

"Oh, thats bad. I'm Minhyo by the way," I smiled, reaching my small hand out to him.

"I'm Jimin," he smiled back reaching his hand out to shake mine.

My small hand was smaller than his as our hands engulfed each other.

"Such small hands," he chuckled.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed, taking my hand away from him.

"My mom told me I have such small fingers, I never knew someone would have fingers smaller than mine," he shyly said while looking at the ground again.

"Uhm, how old are you? You look older than me," I said in a low voice.

"I'm around 9, you?" He answered.

"I'm 6," I replied.

"So young yet so cute," he mumbled in a voice audible enough for me.

"What?" I replied.

"N-nothing," his cheeks flushed pink, again.

"What do you write on your notebook, Jimin-ssi?" I asked the older one.

"Its like a journal, I like writing poems and short quotes, it makes me happy," he replied. "I felt so lonely ever since I was left in this hospital. The doctor said I had to stay here for tests so I got an advanced homeschool from my highschool professor."

"Highschool? You're already in highschool?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah, its my third year in highschool this year," he replied.

"You're advanced?" I asked and he nodded.

"I have such a smart mindset, yet I'm so lonely," he said in a low voice.

"I can be your friend," I blurted out.

His head shot up and he looked into my eyes.

"Really? You'd do that? I mean, I'm a boring person, all I do is draw and write," he replied.

"Don't look down on yourself like that, I like writing stories too, I love to read as well, we can write a story together!" I smiled.

His frown turned into a smile instantly.

"Really? We could both do that?" He said happily.

I nodded slowly as I stared into his warm, brown eyes.

"Lets meet here, Jimin-ssi. Everyday, we'll meet in this exact place, where we begin our journey together!" I said as I held his small hands.

"Thank you, thank you so much," He whispered as he pulled me into a long hug.

"I have to go now Jimin, my mom will be worried when I don't show up when the sun sets," I explained as I hopped down the bench.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," he said as he waved his hand frantically.

"Bye!" I replied as I started to find my way inside the hospital.

I opened the doors to see my mom standing there, making her way to the playground too.

"Minhyo! Lets go back to the room!" Mom said as she ran to me and picked me up.

Friend, my new friend.

I can't wait to see you tomorrow, Jimin.

"Doctor! The patient!"

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

FINALLY! We have the new chapter finished! Thank you guys so much for being patient purple y'all!💜💜💜

Special poem entry by Jimin is written originally by ME in the next chapter!