//Anobrain//

Matty and I head to the small grocery store down the street from my flat, to buy some food since the guys pigged out and ate it all.

“How about you go get half of the list and I’ll get the other half?” Matty gives me his plan.

“Let’s do that.” I agree and rip the list in half. We both split up and go our own way. I went looking for the cereal on the list but it was way too high up. I tried reaching it when some guy grabbed it for me.

“Thanks.” I say not looking at the man who helped me.

“No problem.” He replies. I put the cereal in the basket and look up. It was Dan.

“Arielle?!” He says happily.

“Hey…” I trailed off. This was awkward. I must be one lucky girl. Twice in 1 week.

“What are you doing here?” He asks.

“I live right down the street, and I am out of food, so me and my boyf- I mean friend came down to grab some more.” I explain catching myself from calling Matty my boyfriend. Unfortunately, he noticed my slip up.

“Boyfriend? Is he here?” he asks.

“ Well, he isn't my boyfriend, and actually yes. He’s around here somewhere. We split the list of groceries.” I laugh. He nods. I look behind him and I see Matty looking pissed that I’m talking to a guy.

“Matty! Come here!” I smile and wave him to come over. He pushes the cart over to me and stands by my side.

“Who’s this.” Matty asks protectively.

“This is Dan. We used to date.” I mumbled the last part.

“Nice to meet you.” Dan sticks his hand out but Matty doesn’t take it.

“I’m finished with shopping, we should go now.” Matty says in a monotone voice. I nod and follow Matty.

“Nice seeing you again Ari,” Dan calls out.

“Same here.” I yell back. When we got back to the car with all the groceries, I could help but comment on the whole situation that just occurred.

"Thank you for keeping your homicidal thoughts to yourself," I teased and Matty cracked a smile.

"It was damn hard," he joked back. It did slightly bother me when he got over protective. He really had no reason to be jealous or protective considering the fact that we aren’t together.