Chapter 45 (Rewritten)

It was just about to reach dawn as you all slowly made your way towards Wall Maria. With each step you took, you were getting more and more nervous. 

Not only that, but a strong scent of titan (not coming from Eren) was approaching as you moved closer. Making you immediately know that re-taking back Wall Maria isn't going to be easy. 

Something was going to get back there. You guys weren't going to be alone once you get there. 

You managed to stop once after seeing a titan sitting right in front of you. Hange proclaimed it was sleeping, but you didn't believe a word they said and kept your distance while walking past the titan. 

Suddenly, you all stopped. You were confused and looked up. You then realized that you finally made it back. Back to the place where it all started. 

It felt like forever since you were here. With your grandparents. It looks nothing more than a ghost town now. 

You rode your horses towards Wall Maria and proceeded to the plan. And that was for Eren to seal up the giant hole in the wall that started it on. 

You all arrived on top of the wall and silently gasped on how you could see everything from above. You never noticed how crowded and stuffed our world used to be before the titans broke in. 

"Can I see my grandparents' old house from here?" You thought. 

"Don't stop!" You heard a familiar voice from behind. 

You looked behind to see Captain Levi running ahead of you all.

"You get to that outer gate!"

"Right!" Eren replied as he quickly followed after him. You were quick to follow after. 

While running, you immediately stopped as a new scent reeked your nose. It smelled like...ashes...like someone was cooking something.

Armin noticed you stopped. 

"Y/n? What's wrong?" he asked. 

'Over there.' you gestured. 

You pointed to the area; Armin then noticed something. 

It was a burnt spot. You walked closer to inspect; you grew tense. If this place was burnt, something must have been here. No, someone was here. 

The scent was faint, but you can make out three individuals being here. 

"Is this...?" Armin's voice trailed off. 

'They were here...' you signed. 

Which must mean that they're still here!

You and Armin both looked at each other. Fear and tension were evident in your eyes. 

You two quickly looked towards to where Commander Erwin was standing and waved over. 

After a while, a quick flash of lightning was heard. You looked towards the area of the flash and realized Eren was transforming right now. 

You quickly ran to the edge of the wall and watched as Eren crystalized himself and sealed the wall shut. 

He did it...

He actually did it!

You let out an excited mental screech. 

"Way to go Eren! (≧∇≦*)"

Smokes from a flare gun were shot into the air. Indicating that the seal was a success. 

"Y/n! Over here!" Armin called you over to where he and Erwin was. 

As you made your way over, you could hear bits of their conversation.