Chapter 10: Barmeyer et al., 2019

"As an alternative to centralized forms and instruments of information management, there are also informal and dialogic forms, such as the "coffee break" well known in Latin companies: employees come together spontaneously and thus contribute to "natural" internal fluid information circulation."

Barmeyer, C., Mayrhofer, U., & Würfl, K. (2019). Informal information flows in organizations: The role of the Italian coffee break. International Business Review, 28(4), 796–801. doi: 10.1016/j.ibusrev.2019.04.001

***

KAYDEN

Flirting with a student over the university email server is probably a really stupid idea.

Can't quite bring myself to care.

I sift a hand through my hair and exhale a heavy, tired breath, staring down at the papers that litter my desk.

Lots of reading about other people having sex.

Not actually having any sex.

My mind wanders automatically to the subject of an increasing number of my thoughts these days and something stirs in my gut.

The thing is, if I had a TA, maybe I could fuck her. But since I don't, I have to do all the grading by myself, assess in-class participation 'objectively'...

A process that would, inevitably, become more complicated if I buried my cock inside her, felt her pussy clench around me, sucked her dusky, peaked nipples into my mouth, listened to her breathless voice beg my name.

I can tell she wants me to be rough with her. Debauch her. Clutch her hair harshly in my fist and shove my dick into her mouth until her eyes start watering and her jaw aches and she gags, nearly chokes. Throw her onto her stomach and pin her to the mattress, grip her tight ass so hard it leaves marks and pound into her from behind like some kind of animal.

I'm sure I could indulge her.

So, I might have a mildly unhealthy obsession. My fantasies are becoming bolder everyday.

Not fantasizing. Brainstorming. Conducting research. A controlled, methodical exploration of sexual experience.

Fuck, how I'd love to experiment with her.

Gain insights into motivations, cognitions, and impulses behind different forms of sexual behaviour. Explore a range of deviant behaviours, dissect their psychological bases. Sadism, masochism, dominance, submission, bondage, voyeurism, exhibitionism. Reward and punishment, pleasure and pain. Comparisons to typical, vanilla experience. Observations of sex differences in behaviour.

Completely academic and scientific.

I shake my head, smirk darkly at myself. You sick fuck.

End of the semester, after the grades are submitted. That's when I'll allow myself to succumb to the temptation, scratch the itch.

Except fuck, I'm not a saint or a priest and there's no way I'm gonna survive until then just by jacking off in the shower in the morning.