Parents Favor

"Waah. Waah."

Everyone in the room paled when they saw the baby.

"A princess huh....again?"

(Sigghhhhh)

The Wailing Baby is I. I am Letty a simple high school student. I will graduate this year and I have a dream of so on and so fort yet I died from drowning. It is an unfortunate incident. But when I open my eyes I am reborn again. In an Old European settings in a Monarch family.
I say it is quite good if you think about it. I thought for 3 second of being born that I hit the jackpot. But when people look at a newly born child with pity, disappointment and unsuppressed disgust I can tell that It is not good.

"Queen, why not hold the princess while we wait for the King's arrival?" The maid try pushing the quiet baby to her mother's arm.
But the mother angry glare at the baby and the maid.

"Get that thing away from me. A girl. Why is it a girl? Is the creator above hates me? Is he mocking me?"

"Calm down, Queen."

"Queen.Queen. you can only call me Queen when no one is around. I am but a lowly third class concubine!" Tears poured out her eyes.

The baby look at her mother and she thought that 'You look so pitiful. You will be more pitiful if you are less unreasonable blaming a new born baby about her gender.'

"The King has arrive!"
The servant blow a trumpet and the dignified King walks in.
His handsome appearance can swoon even the maids. The baby's mother sobs when she saw the King after a very long time.

"F-forgive me, my King..It...It is a girl." The woman bow in her bed.

The King unfeelingly nod and look at the baby.

"This baby is my blood and flesh. Dress her and feed her and treat her well. You are to stay in the South Palace and have yearly budget of 20 thousand gold revenue." He said and walk to the baby in the arm of the maid.
The maid blushes and shyly settle the baby in his arm.

"You had my golden hair." He said.

The baby looks at the King and smile.
'I didn't expect you will lovingly speak to me. This is awkward but I won't hate you.'
The baby who is thinking that he is a scumbag turns out he really was but atleast he is more less unfeeling than her mother.

"Her name? What do you want to call her?" The King ask the mother.

The woman smile tenderly seeing how her beloved is holding their baby tenderly.

"H-how about Sapphire? Her eyes are blue like mine." The woman said shyly.

The King's expression darken.
"You can't. I already bestow that name to Queen Carmela's daughter who also been born today. If it is a name after a gem then just settled in Emerald. From now on, Her name will be Emerald." The King gave the baby to the woman in the bed. "Make sure my daughter grow up healthy." And he disappear.

The woman is trembling and if the maid didn't remove the baby to her mother's arm as soon as she thought of it, the baby will die being tossed to the ground by her own mother.

"Queen! You can't do that. The king order his daughter to grow up healthy. If you dare kill the princess you will be killed by being hang!"

The woman angrily hide herself in the blanket.

"I hate that thing. Get it away from me. I would never care for that piece of shit. Damn. Damn. I didn't come here to be nothing but a lower Concubine. I want to be a Queen. A real one. But a stupid girl ruined everything."

The maid sigh and look at the baby.
"Sorry Princess Emerald.Your mother is just in a lot of pain. Let's go."

'I swear woman. Since you place your happiness and dream on  carrying a prince in your womb. The one who failed is not me but you. Goodbye mother. Let's pretend you never exist too. This way we can live in peace.'

That is the day the Princess Emerald is born. And that is the last time she saw her father and her mother in one room together.

After Eight Years.
The small bud is already a little child. She is energetic and she is bright.
She has confidence you rarely see with the other unwanted princess in the different palace.

"Jane, where will I put this clothes?"

"Princess, you are done washing the rag clothes?" Jane hurriedly help the princess carrying her small basin of white wash clothes.

"Yeah. But I can't reach the wire so you have to put it to dry yourself."
The girl closes her eyes when Jane wipes the sweat in her face.

"Yes. I will. Thank you. You wash them as clean as always." Amaze, Jane gasps seeing the purely white piece of cloth.

"It's a trivial task for someone great like me. Do you have anything else for me to do?" She asks after pocketing 5 copper coins Jane promise her for washing the rag clothes.

"Oh, I think the head maid is asking Martha to clean the windows in third floor."

"Windows huh. Maybe not. I can't reach high  places. If I use a staircase it is possible but I rather not attempt something dangerous."

"Oh. You are right Princess. What am I even thinking?" Jane sigh.

"I will go to Yolly. She might have a job for me."

"The headmaid is in the library if you are going to meet her."

"Thanks Jane. Until next day."
The girl waves her hand and say good bye.

Jane sigh with a smile.
"She is always earning money. I better earn money like her so I don't have to rely on having a husband to live! Okay. Let's put the rag clothes to dry!"
The maid cheerfully said and happily start her own job.

Knock.knock.

"Yolly,it is me."

"Princess Emerald, you don't need to knock it is just me here." Yolly said wiping the books with a dry rag cloth.

"Yolly, I am done with Jane. Do you have any work I can help with? Only 5 coppers."

Yolly smiles.
She was the maid who cared and love the princess. She is the one who knew her best.
At first Yolly is scared she will become a gloomy and insecure princess. But she become brighter and brighter and glow with her own way. The palace maid never treat the princess unfairly or unjustly. They even consult the princess sometimes. They all feel comfortably with her. She insists that they don't need to be courteous but to never drop calling her Princess. That is her only wish and everyone are happy with that.
Even though they cannot brag that their princess is love by the King, they can secretly praise the princess as the best princess they ever served.

"You are crying again? What always ticked you off? Is it me asking for money? I can give you a discount since you are the one who treated me the best, 3 copper coin."

"No. I am just reminiscing the past."

"You sad woman. Past is to be remembered with a smile. Even if it is sad and painful, if you think about it. It is over. It is thing to be celebrated." Emerald's blue eyes shine brightly in Yolly's eyes and a smile spread her lips.

"True. Okay. How about you help this old me to wipe the books and the book shelves? I will pay you 2 coppers per one book shelves you can clean."

"Deal!"

The two chat even though their hands didn't stop moving.
It is one normal day in the South Palace.

A/N;

Just for fun♡