The Princess is The Best Maid

Washing.
Cleaning.
Decorating.
Fixing broken things.
The princess is very resourceful.
She knows alot of things even the maids didn't know of.
She always seen in the maids quarter and she loves to brag about her open secret techniques.
The maids love talking to her and they always crowd at her.

"I don't know. He is my childhood friend but we've been apart since I work here. What if his feelings changes?" Caramel sigh. It is the same day in the palace maid quarter.
The princess consulatation is now open.
The consultation fee is only 2 coppers if the problem is so hard to solve the fee will be refunded.

"That is easy. You should always write him a letter. Give him small trinkets. Like dried small flower. Dried leaves. Even stone you get from the road and tell him that everything you see reminds you of him. The guys likes how the woman shower them with praises. But don't indulge him too much cause he might get bored. Give him some things to remind you and then things to look forward to. This guy...is he even popular?"

"You mean Gorge? That is impossible. That guy is a coward. I am the only one he can talk to."

"You are away from a very long time. People change."

"Urgh...I will listen to you."

After some consulatation about beauty secret the consultation ended.

"Princess, we are going to help clean the West Palace. Is your consultation ended?"

"Oh! Yeah. Yeah. I will go. Wait for me."

West Palace is more larger and more exquisite palace that is near the South Palace. It is because the Concubine living here is from the merchant family and has some money to spare.
Concubine Riana has two daughters. They are older than Emerald but she has never seen them.

"We come here to help." The concubines and Queens might be angry at each other and in each others throat but the maids who has no connection with the higher ups are friendly. They help each others out. The West Palace is huge so it is hard to clean with limited palace maids.

"Princess Emerald is here again?" The head maid of West Palace Aria wryly smile.

"Now. Now, Aria. Let's help each other out." Princess Emerald smile.

"Last time you took 20 coppers off me. It must be a small some but it is not to me." The head maid shakes her head.

"Don't say that. Last time you said that I did so well You can even give me more than you gave."

"That is lip service, princess." She smiles. "Since you are here. How about you help me clean the stables? The princesses are off to tea party. So there are only Philip and 2 other horses in the stable."

"Oh! I will help you clean it to a brim! But--"

Everyone smile when the princess sly smile appear. It is time to bargain.

"20 coppers like last time." Aria.

"Hoh~ but I work in the study that day. This time the stable is dirty and it smells. Nobody likes cleaning the stable. Isn't 20 a bit small? I call 30."

"Urgh! No. No. I call 23."

"My. My. So stingy as always 28."

"Urgh. 25!"

"Deal! I will clean it and make sure it will smell like there is a garden growing on it." A pure smile appear in the princess face.

Aria wipes her sweat.
"Sigh...Everytime I bargain with you I feel very stress."

"You should take care of yourself. I would hate it if someone will replace you. You are a good employer who paid me generously."

"Gawd!"

All the maid laugh at them.
It is always a delight for the maids when Aria and Princess Emerald banters.

---

"Princess, are you here to clean the stables?" Philip asks.
"Its always a mystery why you do the maid chores." He scratches his head.
It is actually their job to clean the stable but men can't clean better than thr woman. There are alot of times the horse died or got sick that the Concubine Riana made the maids clean thr stables as part of their work atleast once a week. Nobody likes the heavy labor and the stinky smell.

"I do it for money." Princess Emerald said and put her working apron on and her head cover.

"I already remove the straws but there are some left. After you cleaned the stable I will put new straw for them. When you clean the stables it also make me feel good while working so even though it is inappropriate for a princess to do this...Please do your best."
Philip said bowing his head.

Princess Emerald took the stick broom and smile at Philip.

"This is not the first time but you are always so awkward. I may be a princess but you know I am no different than you and the others. I admire how you guys are living and I am inspired by your outlook in life. I once lived in a world full of anger and sadness and I blame my parents. But as I grow up I thought that the one who can make me happy is myself and me alone. Not because I am loved but cause I can love. And I love all the maids in my palace. They work hard. They got difficulties but they can still see the good in others. They are the best maid in the world." Princess Emerald giggles as she sweep the remaining hays and straws inside the stable.

"I, too, think that at one point I blame my parents why we are poor. Gawd, I should write them and apologize." Philip shyly wipes his nose.

"Do that. Are you an idiot? I have a King as a father and a King's concubine as a mother but look at me. I am cleaning the stables. Your parents may not tell you but I am sure that they are the first one who is hurt when they can't give you what you want. Parents are like that. Other parents, not the harem's parents."

When Princess Emerald look back because Philip is quiet she see the relatively handsome young man crying.

"What? Why are you crying?" Princess Emerald who has dirty hands from scrubbing the stable wash her hand and offer the guy her towel.

Philip smiles and takes it.
"I owe them alot. I should buy them something good in my next pay check."

"Philip, I am sorry. I don't plan to make you feel awful. You are not bad. People are just like that. It is not wrong to blame others. It is your way to release your anger and frustration. What wrong is not accepting you are wrong and not apologizing. I am sure that at some point you apologize to them and they forgive you already." Princess Emerald hugs Philips head and rub his hair.

".....I am so disgraceful. Letting the Princess see me this unsightly."

"No. I think it is lovely that you confess your ugly past. Some people will die hiding their awful behavior. Our Philip is actually very brave in my opinion. I'm sure you will be more filial son  from now on. And a good husband later."

Philip laughs.
"How about I help you clean? So this future husband's wife will be very impress."

"Oh my. I won't share my pay though."

"You are always stingy with your money, Princess. Where are you even using your monthly allowances from the palace?"

"I'm saving them all. Even though I am a princess it is not that much money."

"Is that so."

"People thought being a princess is fancy. Sigh. But I do believe it is useful."

"Useful?"

"You won't believe this. If I show my princess token at any shop in this kingdom they will give me 20% discount in all my purchase! 20%! Do you know how huge it is? Hahaha."

Philip smiles. He is not sure how much 20% was. But the smile in princess Emerald face is worth a ton for sure.

A/N:

I want my cough to leave my body.
Haist.

Just for fun♡