A Sweet Lullaby

The sky was full of stars that night. A cold breeze from the far north gave chills to Mitsuri Kanroji, the love pillar.

After she and Aoi were caught spying on, they were punished by Shinobu. Aoi would have to clean all the la undry by herself for a month while Mitsuri has to take care of an injured Hiiro until Shinobu comes back.

She did a small pout remembering the earful she got from her fellow female Hashira. Not even her parents gave her those.

"How are you feeling?" The newest member of the pillars asked with a perky look on his face.

He was carrying a couple of tea cups, they were prepared not long ago since the heat was escaping from the cup.

"I should be the one asking that" the love breath user counters as she took the cup and took a small sip. "Hot, hot, hot."

"Oh, yeah. Be careful, it's hot." He remarked with a hilarious smile on his face.

The pinknette felt her heart pounding out of her chest and her cheeks on fire. That smile make her feel that way, he's not even serious after being wounded like that, it's hard to believe that he's so buddy-buddy with Sanemi, she can understand why Rengoku but Sanemi's out of question.

Mitsuri has been talking with her new friend, getting to know him. Hiiro told her a bunch of stories about his training and the adventures he had at the north of the country.

"What's the north like?" She questioned that afternoon. The boy stood silent for a moment. After that a smile as wide as a mile appeared on his face.

He started to talk about the north, about the cold on that region and the snowfalls and blizzards that stroke the region. Hiiro snickered as he told her about the wilderness of the north, over there the wolves and the bears are a common sight.

"I've got some scars from my fight with a bear" he unbuttoned his uniform and show her the claw mark on his chest. "It was the biggest bear in the mountain. Such a shame I was beaten to a pulp by the beast." He chuckled and then just stared to the nothingness. After that they had a nice meal.

Back to the night sky, the two of them were enjoying the cup of tea. Aoi made them from some herbs that helps with the stress and the lack of sleep and helps with the later.

The love breath user giggled at the sight of a sleepy Hiiro.

"Are you tired?" She asked. He just nodded, the tea cup hit him like a truck and now after his long journey and battles against the demons, his body resents all the fights and restless days.

Mitsuri grabbed him and put his head on her lap. When she realized the fact of what she just did, it was too late. Her face was on fire and her stomach was doing back flips.

For once the girl thanked for her big attributes, at least he couldn't see her massive blush. Hiiro for once thanked for the big attributes of the girl, at least she couldn't see his face and his burning cheeks.

"Uh... Kanroji-San?" The boy doubted. Mitsuri stroke his hair slowly.

"Yes, Hiiro-kun?" She calmly comforted the male pillar, she even hummed a lullaby. The love pillar began to question herself. Why was she doing this? Indeed, there is no reason for her to do anything. But, she feels like doing it, she knew that he NEEDS something like this, something inside her bawled about the boy.

"It's nothing." Hiiro remained silent, his breath was calm and slow. In fact, he was in the verge of sleep. "Say, Kanroji-San."

The lullaby stopped for a moment, Mitsuri was paying attention to the boy. She never stopped stroking his hair, she likes it, his hair was silky and smooth.