xxiv. ZOOMER

ZOOMER!( the gate part 2 )

ZOOMER!
( the gate part 2 )

"Holy shit, Dyl. Your boyfriend's a fucking idiot," Ben mumbled from where he was crouched in between Max and Dylan. Mike had his chest pressed against Ben's shoulder as he was trying to lean over him and Max to see what was going on outside. "He's not my boyfriend, asshat. And I'm aware," Dylan muttered, never tearing her eyes away from the two boys outside.

        They watched in silence, the only sound being their breathing and the occasional shuffling against the couch to get to a better position. Steve and Billy talked, they ended up right in front of each other. At one point Billy pointed to the window everyone was huddled up against, causing them all to quickly duck.

        "Shit! Did he see us?" Dustin exclaimed, breathing heavily. Ben rolled his eyes. Obviously Billy saw us, idiot. He kept his comment to himself, though.

        The kids and Dylan had all scrambled up when they heard footsteps on the porch, backing away from the front door when it opened and Billy sauntered in, his heated gaze landing on Lucas. "Well, well, well," Billy said as he slammed the door shut, his eyes never leaving the visibly scared boy. "Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise." Billy walked closer to Lucas as he spoke, and Dylan quickly moved her body in front of the younger boy, acting as a barrier between him and Billy.

        Billy fixated his glare onto Dylan, yet spoke to his step-sister, "I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max."

        "Billy, go away," Max demanded, though her voice wavered, giving away that she was scared. Ben latched a hand on Max's forearm, just incase Billy decided to do something to harm his friend, he could pull her out of the way quickly. "You disobeyed me," Billy mumbled angrily.

        "She said go, Billy. This isn't your house, so get the fuck out before I call the cops," Dylan spoke up, her voice was strong and firm, if she was scared she was being very good at hiding it. Her eyes squinted into a heated glare to match Billy's, who hadn't looked away from her since she stepped in front of Lucas. "Shut up, you don't get to tell me what to do. You're no different than any of the other whore's in this town," Billy spat, some of saliva had gotten on Dylan's face, and her face screwed up. Billy had stepped closer to her, but she stayed still, not fearing the closeness.

        Ben watched nervously, he wanted to grab Dylan and move her out of the way, but he was being blocked by Max and Mike, so he couldn't get to her. Dylan tilted her head in amusement, "And you're no different than any of the other dipshits in this town," Dylan then stepped closer to Billy, their noses touching and their angry breaths mixing, "Leave. I won't tell you again."

        Billy licked his lips, smiling wickedly at the girl that almost stood at his height. He glanced over to Max again, "You know what happens when you disobey me," he started again, his face falling into a scowl.