Part 5

I couldn't stop thinking about that woman all day today, I played with the necklace, feeling this warmth flooding through me. I sighed before letting it fall under my shirt as I walked into the gallery with a big smile.

"Hey." I called to Kaleb. He looked over at me with a big grin on his face.

"Hey yourself."

I waited at the door while he finished talking with this woman who had paperwork. She smiled over at me, walking in my direction.

"I'm Cassie."

"Stacey." I held out my hand. She shook it with a grin.

"Thank you for helping us tonight. I love Kaleb and all, but he has lousy taste." She rolled her eyes. I laughed.

"Glad to help." I shrugged.

She handed me the clip board, pointing at a few things she wanted only me to do. When she walked off, I headed to the back, grabbing a piece of artwork to bring and put on display. I hung it up, then saw the 'KM' in the corner and frowned. Then dread washed through me, Klaus. This was one of Klaus's paintings. I quickly hung it up and walked away, not wanting to let Klaus back into my head. He can be tomorrow's problem.

"Hey, sorry about earlier." Kaleb said as we lifted this heavy painting. I huffed, trying to concentrate on getting the painting to the correct position. As we got it into position, I wiped the back of my forehead on my arm.

"That's ok. No stress."

"Are you friends with her?" he asked.

I felt a shiver run down my spine, like maybe I shouldn't be talking about this. I just smiled.

"Well, I met her last night and she was nice. That's it." I shrugged, frowning as I saw relief wash over his face. Weird.

"Just be careful." He warned.

"Ok? Should I also be careful of you?" I joked, trying to change the topic. Kaleb just gave me a wink before he bopped my nose and ran off. "Hey!" I yelled, running after him with a smile on my face. We ran around the gallery, laughing before he let me catch him. I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed.

"I win!" I cheered. I let go and danced. He laughed at me while pulling a face.

"Don't dance like that in public." He frowned. I could see the smile in his eyes.

"Jealous of my sick dance moves?" I cheered. I then started to do the sprinkler and he just shook his head, walking off. "Hater!" I called after him. 

Kaleb and I had finished early hours in the morning. I was weirdly awake as he walked me home. We got to my apartment, I got my keys out, then smiled at him.

"Thanks for the work and thanks for walking me home."

"No problem. We have the opening in a week's time, if you want to work it?" he offered.

"I would love to!" I answered eagerly.

"Awesome. Have a good day?" he frowned before smiling.

"Thanks. You too. message you later." I waved, walking into the building, heading for the elevator. I got in, leaning against the side, feeling my phone vibrate. I opened the message and shook my head as I saw the name. I walked out before the door opened and Lilly stood there with hands on her hips and face mask on.

"I been worried sick about you ALL night!" she tried to sound serious.

"I told you I was helping Kaleb out." I rolled my eyes.

"Like, sexually?" she questioned, stepping to the side while I walked in. I scowled, glaring at her.

"No! And stop jumping to THAT conclusion."

She just shrugged at me and grinned.

"Why so late then?" she asked.

"They are setting up for a gallery opening in a weeks' time." I answered, feeling the weird energy crashing.

I reached into my pocket, pulling out the money Kaleb had given me. it was 120. Lilly scowled.

"I told you I had rent covered."

"Well this can be for the next week. So we are now three weeks ahead." I smiled. she took it with a smile on her lips.

"Ok, that sounds good."

I yawned, shrugging out my coat as it was my heavy one.

"Go on, I even put you pillow on the side you liked."

I kissed her cheek.

"Thank you."

I woke up, pushing myself up and leaning against my arm. Grabbing my phone, I rubbed my eyes, checking the time. It was 5pm. I yawned, the rolled out of bed. showering, I changed into jeans and a black three-quarter shirt. i sat on the couch before sending a message to Kaleb and Rebekah. I grabbed the card from yesterday and kept reading it over and over. What time should I go? Would now be too early? Maybe in an hour? I groaned before hearing my phone going off. I grabbed it to see who the message was from. The name read Rebekah. I clicked it open and smiled.

Good morning sleeping beauty, maybe try tomorrow?

I thought about it and shrugged; I didn't see a problem with catching up with her tomorrow. I offered to grab brunch and waited for her reply. My phone went off again, she suggested a little café in the French quarter. After agreeing to meet about 10.30, I checked the time again. It was only 5.20. time was going to slowly. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a coat and headed out, maybe I could go for a small walk before heading to the store.

When getting outside, I crossed the road, walking the opposite direction from the store. My phone chimed, I grabbed it out before seeing Kaleb had finally texted. I grinned texting him back, I decided not to tell him about Rebekah. For some reason, he didn't like her, and I don't know why. He had warned me to be careful, I tapped my finger, why would he warn me to be careful of someone. I rubbed at my chest again, this dull pain just throbbing, like I could feel something, but something else was stopping me. I huffed, feeling a little crazy. Something was defiantly wrong with me. I walked a few blocks before deciding I would just go to the store now; I was way too wired and wanted to meet this woman. I had questions for her.