Chapter Two

Louis reaches to open the door of the room Harry is in, but is stopped by another one of the nurses.

"He doesn't want you in there," Eleanor speaks softly, an almost guilty expression on her face.

Louis chokes out a "what?" Taken aback by the statement. "Why? Did I do something wrong?"

"He isn't the best today, Louis. He isn't well at all."

"I'm his nurse," Louis pushes, blinking back tears and gripping onto his clipboard, knuckles turning white.

"I've taken over your duties today, his request," she gives Louis another clip board, pointing to the room he needs to go to.

"Right then. Well tell him I said hi," Louis purses his lips.

"Will do."

But Louis doesn't listen. He glances around, making sure the coast is clear and rushes into the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Lou," Harry croaks out, coughing straight after.

"Haz..." Louis walks towards him, a deep frown etched on his face. "Love," he breathes out, taking in the look of the pale boy.

"I-I," Harry pouts. "I didn't want you to see me like this."

Louis places his hand on Harry's forehead, pushing back his hair. He notices that it's becoming thinner.

"I'm a nurse, Harry... I've seen worse things," Louis whispers, sitting down onto the bed.

"I look ugly," Harry bites his lower lip, eyes looking anywhere but Louis.

"You look beautiful. You always do."