[17]

Dom's POV:

"I still don't think it was the best idea to send the girls to the party on their own," Riccardo tells me for the twenty-ninth time in ten minutes.

"You said that already." He rolls his eyes with a laugh as we stand on the docks waiting for the shipment to arrive

"I'm just saying, they're beautiful girls and there are lots of guys at that party"

"And they're both in relationships and they're both trustworthy." I remind "Bex likes you Riccardo, nobody else, you know that."

"I'm getting possessive aren't I?"

"Protective maybe?" I give him a small grin

"Looks like the ships early," I tell him as I spot our ship coming in from out in the distance

Riccardo and I have been at the docks for the last half an hour, it's currently 10 PM, and we've been waiting for the ship for the last half an hour. Prior to that, we were busy checking over the crates to make sure the correct amount of cocaine and guns had been placed in each one, the last thing we need is for people to think we're ripping them off.

The ship comes into full view and Riccardo and I draw our guns. A man steps off with his hands up.

"I'm just here for the pick up, you can check the boat, I'm alone."

I put my gun away and call for the rest of the men on my walkie talkie, telling them it's safe to bring down the boxes and load them onto the boat.

Riccardo and I watch as the men load up the ship and we keep an eye out for danger that might be headed our way, but luckily tonight there is none and once the doors to the boat are shut the man drives away.

"Let's clean up and head to this party." I tell Riccardo.

***

We arrive at the party at around midnight and everyone is well and truly wasted. I look around the room in search of Bex and Alena.

"They're still here right?" Riccardo yells over the music

"Yeah, they would have text us otherwise," I yell back.

We make our way into the bar area of the house and look around for the girls once more. "What the fuck." Riccardo huffs over the music before storming off. My eyes follow him, and I see exactly where he is headed. Bex is dancing with a group of people we have classes with, one of them being a guy who's dancing very close to her and he's starting to get handsy.

Riccardo pushes him back as he approaches and the guy stumbles back but is still standing

"Ricci!" Bex yells and throws her arms around him, clearly very tipsy. "I missed you so much." She yells and presses her lips to his.

I look around for Alena once more, my mind starting to race a little, she's always with Bex, so why isn't she now? My eyes scan the room and then I spot her. I can't believe what I'm seeing, she has a rolled-up note in between her thumb and index finger and there is a white line of cocaine in front of her 

"Just one line and you'll feel so much better." I hear the male sitting next to her encourage her as I make my way over in a hurry

"I don't think I should, I feel really sick." she slurs

"Babe, harden up, one line and you'll feel like superman"

"She said no," I yell over the music and take her hands pulling her up to me.

"Dom" she slurs as she leans on me. 

I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about this. Alena is drunk, yes, but she's completely gone, there has to be more in her system then just alcohol because I've never seen her like this before.