⤫1.53

3 days left

3 days left

"Is there a reason why you summoned me while I was eating?"

Chaerin looked up at the bloodied boy in slight disgust, throwing a packet of wipes in his direction.

He laughed and began walking towards her bathroom to clean himself up.
"I was thinking," she began from her bed- stroking Bubbles. "If you bit me, wouldn't I become a Demon."

"You're not human." He called from the bathroom, rolling his eyes.
Chaerin sighed and stroked Bubbles before she hissed and ran off.

"But...I'm sure there's that famous story of a full angel turning Demon from a bite?"
"Yeah," he replied, walking back into the room.

"So it's possible?"
Jisung sighed and shrugged.
"I don't know love."

Chaerin hummed softly, pondering about what was to come, a bad feeling setting inside her stomach and she felt like crying but she didn't know why.

"Can you come here?" She asked, voice wavering slightly as she looked at the boy and his eyes fell to hers once he heard the emotional tone.

"Hm?" His forhead creased in worry and he began walking towards her.
Chaerin frowned uncontrollably and when stood at the edge of the bed he wondered why she called him.

She didn't really say anything, grabbing the front of his shirt and pulling him down.
Taken aback, he fell on top of her with a sight shocked "oh."

His hands supported his weight, making sure he didn't crush her and his pupils dilated once he realised how close they both were, her soft breaths hitting his lips.

"He's going to kill us isn't he?"

Jisung's heart painfully clenched at the sound of her hopelessness, fear and sadness.
His bangs fell over his eyes and he sighed.

"Chaerin...I'm going to try and stop him, I promise okay?" He said gently, his eyes gazing down into hers and she nodded, sliding her arms around his back.

She pulled him down slightly so she could hug him but he was weary of his weight so he was basically straddling her, knees each side of her legs- awkwardly hovering there as she hugged him.

"You could hug back you know, I'm not going to kill you." She murmured against his hoodie.
Jisung chuckled nervously and cleared his throat.

"Yeah, I'm the demon here." He joked lightly despite the nerves he felt in his head. "This is an awkward hug though."

Chaerin laughed and nodded, sitting up with the help of Jisung and now he was kneeling on her bed.

She gave him a smile before holding her arms out wide as he gave her a disgusted look.

Chaerin gasped and smacked his arm to which he laughed at and leaned into her, wrapping his arms around her small frame, his head falling into her neck.

She sighed contently, knowing they were making progress, but was it too late?

Her hand trailed to the back of his neck, her thumb brushing over the soft hair at the nape of it as his embrace began to soothe her.

She felt so in love that it almost hurt her to be around him, closing her eyes as she could feel his arms around her as if he was encasing her into his arms.

His warmth was inviting, it felt so natural and right. It was as if they were each other's missing puzzle pieces.

Yet she knew it wouldn't last long, not while she was due to die.