Chapter 1

On Qinglong mountain located in the deep valleys of Suzhou, a sect held its ground there. A sect that was once bustling, widely praised and known among the Five Major Sects that carried immortals.

Fushui Sect has long suffered the misdeeds of those who belonged within it. From the righteous sect it once was, it became a widely feared sect comparable to even the greatest demonic sects.

Su Baicheng was the sect leader of Fushui Sect. With a background so haunting, he was a merciless man often depicted as even worse than the demonic cultivators. With one-hand, he brought down the previous sect leader, destroying all those who weren't loyal to him. He completely wiped out the Fushui Sect so that only those loyal to him remained.

By his side, a man had stayed as his companion for centuries now.

Wei XueLu was Su Baicheng's most trustworthy subordinate. A genius so frightening, at 500 years old, he was already considered an immortal almost unrivaled. But, more often than not, he was the one that others feared. For Wei XueLu was Su Baicheng's sword and shield, his most faithful general.

If Su Baicheng was comparable to the demonic cultivators, then Wei XueLu was comparable to death itself. He was a man who killed without blinking, a man who had shed the blood of hundreds of thousands. To list everyone he had killed could take more than a year and you still may not finish.

Five years ago, in the middle of Su Baicheng's control over Fushui Sect, a mishap had occurred. Well, rather than mishap, it is more accurate to say that a variable he had not predicted showed up. This variable changed his plans so that he had to stay still during that time, unable to carry out his plans.

Now in the present, things have greatly changed. With people coming back for revenge, Su Baicheng still finds trouble letting go of his resentment.

In the dark night, a candle was lit. A man dressed in black robes looked at the scrolls in front of him, red eyes shining brightly. He was handsome, yet, one could feel a strong sense of resentment and anger that still lingered on him.

He had long black hair, held up by a silver crown. His lips were thin, with narrow eyes that appeared sharp and cold. His eyebrows were arched, making his red eyes appear even more visible and highlighted. His skin was pale, extremely pale.

This man was Su Baicheng, Sect Leader of Fushui Sect, the man who had killed his way up.

Su Baicheng read through the scrolls in the night but he didn't do anything else. His face was taunt and cold as always, and if it wasn't like this, then with just a smile on his lips, it meant that he was really angered inside.

Standing in the corner, a man with light blue eyes stood guard. He was tall and thin, his hand holding onto a scabbard with a blue sword in it. His facial structure would be handsome, yet also fair and cold. His lips were pink, peach blossom eyes with a mole by the corner of his right eye. His hair was tied up by a white ribbon, dressed in black robes, his light brown hair was long and straight.

He was Wei XueLu, or known as Su Baicheng's general. In Fushui Sect, he was a man feared by many.

"XueLu." Su Baicheng's husky voice called out.

Wei XueLu looked towards him at once, "Is it already time?" His voice was stunning, like the rough wind on a cold snowy day. His eyes glinted, even in the darkness, as they shone brightly.