10: Said Lazy Ass

All I heard was a loud pounding. I wasn't sure if it was in my head or if I was actually hearing pounding. I opened my eyes to let the smallest of light in only to be surprised that I had left the curtains opened last night.

"Hello? Are you guys in there?" I heard the voice that belonged to the pounding. Recognizing my surroundings, I realized I was in the living room. My brain was fried.

"Get the door." I looked around and saw Carter laying on the floor. I was confused because anything that happened last night, I can't remember.

"How about you answer it? I always get the door." I groaned. None of us moved. "I always have to do everything around here." I felt around for a pair of sunglasses I could've left hanging around the apartment.

When I opened the door, Talia came in. "Get dressed. We're going somewhere."

"Let me sleep for a couple more hours." I whined.

"Why is he on the floor?" She pointed at Carter's body lying motionless.

"I feel like we got wasted last night because we lost our nightly buddies." I put it in hand quotes and shuffled over to my room. My head was pounding through my skull. "I don't think I can get through this hang over Tal."

"Well you have to. We have a plan to get Reese and Adam to stop fighting." I collapsed onto my bed. "You always fight through them Bails. How else did you used to get up to go to classes in college or go to work your shift?"

"I'm not fully rested. It's not even noon yet." I whined.

"It's half past noon. What are you talking about?" Talia walked into my closet looking for something I could wear. Then she walked into the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on before she fetched me. "Clean yourself up. Clear your mind. Hangovers are a part of the brain. It's an illusion we all fall for."

"I feel like wringing my hands around your neck." She rolled her eyes at me before leaving. I peeled off my t-shirt and boxers and go into the shower. After washing and rinsing as well as me trying not to fall in the shower, I finished. Feeling mildly better, I brushed my teeth and piled my hair on top of my head into a bun.

I could hear Talia kicking Carter awake. "We have a plan that we are sticking to. You are involved so get your lazy ass off the fucᴋing ground and clean yourself up. The guys are getting you soon."

"I never agreed to this." He grunted before pushing himself off the ground. I walked into my room and looked at the selection of clothing Talia picked out. Only leaving the bikini, I put them back in my closet and decided on a muscle tee layered over my bikini top. I jumped into a pair of shorts and put on some sandals.

I searched for my aviators and a sun hat before exiting my room. I grabbed my wallet out of the counter and my phone off the charger. "You have a bag?"

"Yeah." I stuck my things in her bag and grabbed the cup from Teavana she held out for me. After guzzling down a bottle of water, I sipped on my tea silently. "Your car, right?" She nodded.

"Carter, the guys will call you when they come to pick you up!" She yelled down the hall. We left the apartment and got into her car to head to the venue. "So we pick up Ashley and Reese. We are going to Santa Monica and are psytract her. Adam will pop out, say some sweet words, and boom, they stop fighting."

"Hopefully," I added.

"So pessimistic." We listened to the music flowing through our speakers. Talia and I were singing along to the Rihanna song playing on the radio when Ashley and Reese got in the car. "You brought bathing suits, right?"

"Yessir." We pulled out of the driveway and headed down to Santa Monica beach.

Finding parking was hell, waiting in line was even worse. Eventually, we got to the front. The guy at the stand wrapped my bracelet around my wrist and I entered the park. "So which ride are we doing first?"