48) Valentine's Day

I just realized that Valentine's Day was yesterday and I didn't bother to freaking write a one shot so here it is a day after smh
~~~

"Hey, Varrr~!" Y/n said sing-songy as she entered Varian's lab with a big teddy bear and a custom set of boxed chocolates with all of his favorite flavors. It was finally Valentines Day, and Y/n wanted to do something special with her special someone.

"Hey, Y/n," he said, giving his work all of his attention. "Just one tiny drop..." he whispered to himself.

"aHEM!"

His hand shook and he sighed, putting the vile down and staring at his project with slight annoyance. "Yes, N/n?"

"Do you know what day it is today?" She asked, smiling brightly.

"Hmm, I don't know. Is it Let Varian Work On This Project That's Taken Over Five Months Day?" He said, trying to pour the bright blue liquid again. Y/n read right through his sarcasm.

"Look," she walked closer to him, her gifts still behind her back. "You've been working so hard lately-"

"Yeah and it'll all be for nothing if I stop now. I'm in the zone, Y/n. My zone."

"Well can I enter your zone?"

"No," a tiny drop of the blue liquid dangled from the rim of the vile, which frustrated him more. Y/n noticed what he was trying to do and perked up.

"Oh! You need help?" She reached for his vile, but he quickly pulled the vile away from her and above his head.

"Y/n, no! You don't know what you're doing! This stuff is d-" before he could finish scolded her, the drop of the liquid hit a bit of his forehead. He cried out and hissed from the burning sensation. Y/n gasped and dropped her gifts and handed him a thick rag. He quickly took it and held it against his now bleeding wound.

"Varian, I-I am so s-"

"Just go away! God, you're so annoying! Get out!"

And with that,

Y/n felt h e a r t b r o k e n.

Holding back tears, she ran out the lab and shut the door behind her. Varian groaned and look down at the presents with a confused expression. "What day is it?" He stood up and walked over to his calendar.

The fourteenth.

"Huh. Okay... what's special about the fourteenth...?" He thought about it and looked and the bottom of the x'd out box.

"Valentine's Day." He realized. He was such an idiot! He made her cry for no reason, and all she wanted was just to spend some time with him. He felt horrible. She probably hated him now. He sat down for a second and thought about about what he was going to do.

Y/n, however, ran all the way towards her comfort tree and sobbed. Maybe she should have waited until he was done or when he was on his break.

But it was too late.

Or so she thought.

"Hey." She heard in between her sniffles. She looked up. Varian was holding his presents and a bouquet of roses.

"H-hi." Y/n said, meekly

"...look," he sat down next to her. "I am so sorry that I hurt your feelings. I shouldn't have lashed out like that. It wasn't a big deal." Y/n stayed quiet for a bit and looked at his bandaid. He noticed that she noticed and smiled. "Look, see? I'm okay," she smiled. He gave her the bouquet and set the bear next to him. He got out the chocolate box and opened it.

"Chocolate?" He offered.

"But, they're yours." She told him, confused.

"Yeah, but, you're mine too," He smiled, slightly cringing at his horrible flirting skills. "And plus, I can't eat 40 chocolates all on my own."

Y/n chuckled and took a bit of chocolate and ate it, holding her bouquet close to her chest. Varian put his hand on her chin and moved her to face him. He gave her two quick pecks on her lips, which caused Y/n to blush. He wrapped his arm around her and held her close as the sun started to set.

"Happy Valentine's Day, starlight."

She smiled and closed her eyes. "Happy Valentine's Day."
~~~