Chapter 26: Carlisle's Story

I look around the house to see if I could find Carlisle. I soon found him in the kitchen chopping some onions.

"Um, Carlisle?" I called his name and he stops before turning to see me.

"Oh, princess. What can I do for you?" He asked with a smile before continuing to slice the onion.

"I was wondering if you can tell me your story on how you..became a vampire." I told him and he looks at me before blinking a little.

"Huh, no one has ever asked me that before. Not in this family except for Edward of course." He says placing the knife down and facing me fully.

"What would you like to know?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders feeling a little shy.

"I-I don't really know. Maybe from the beginning? Your parents? It's okay if you don't tell me." I laughed nervously and he only kept a soft smile.

"I don't mind. Well, I was the only child of my family. My father was a Anglican pastor and my mother...well she died from child birth."

"I'm sorry to hear that." I frowned a little and he walks up to me patting my back gently.

"No worries, but thank you for your condolences. My father hunts supernaturals. He hunts those who were against god like the evil ones. His hunts would only lead towards London and sometimes he would bring me to these hunts to teach, yet...his hunts involved killing the innocent people and not the real ones. He was self-righteous and compassionate man and when he grew old. He made me the leader of the raids. I wasn't one to see evil quickly, but I know that there's evil just by how they look and act."

"How much evil did you kill?" I asked him and he narrow his eyes a bit trying to calculate before answering.

"Maybe more, but it would seem that I lost count." He answers.

"So your father was like a priest of Van Helsing?" I asked and he chuckles nodding his head.

"You could say that, yes. Some would think he was a madman, but others believe that there were evil amongst us living in the shadows and I was one of them." He looks at me and I smiled.

"When were you turned?"

"Well, I first discovered that there were vampires within the city sewers. I suspected that they only come out at night so I gathered my men and went to the entrance of the sewers where we waited until nightfall. When they emerged, my men and I fought them. They were killed and so were the vampires only leaving me alive wounded. I knew that vampires would get killed by the sun, so I hid in the sewers. The transformation was unbearable, but I never screamed or cried. I embraced it knowing that it's my last destiny." He says.

"Did you discover that you can walk in the sun? But rather differently?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Aro found me."

"Who's Aro?" I asked confused.

"Aro is the leader of a coven called Volturi. I was in the sewers hunting for rats which tasted rather unpleasant, but kept me moving to survive. Aro somewhat saw me and aided me back to health which meant feeding me human blood. I was...rather hesitant, but I tasted it and it was rather delicious. I stayed with Aro since I owe him my life. I was his helper and adviser as he, Marcus, and Caius led the coven together. Aro offered for me to be part of  becoming their leader, but I refused and only let them lead while I help." He crosses his arms.

"If you were part of the Volturi Coven then why did you leave?"

"Humans of course. They feed off of them and I knew it was a bad thing considering that those humans have families and friends that knew them. So, I quit which Aro's dismay, but he still let me as long as I don't do anything that could cause some attention from humans about us which I agree." He answers and I hum slightly.

"How did you become a doctor?" I asked causing him to chuckle and hum slightly.

"Probably when I was still with the Volturi. I was fascinated of the different types of herbs that I began making some experiments on what they do. I asked Aro about them and he doesn't mind at all and told me to do what my cold heart desires which I appreciated. I began making different types of herbs and kept practicing them. After, I left the Volturi, I traveled around the world finding various of different herbs when I stumble upon Chicago, Illinois where I met Edward who had a disease. I aided him and others as much as I could, but nothing seemed to work. His mother begged for me to help and begged for me to turn him, to keep him safe. I turned Edward into a vampire."

"What was his reaction?" I asked him slightly curious.

"Shock. If he where human...he would probably scream and ran off." He jokes causing me to laugh.

"Haha, Very funny." Edward rolled his eyes making me and Carlisle laugh. Edward made his way towards me and kissed my head gently as I smiled and closed my eyes.

"It is true. If you were human, you would be screaming in terror or something a lot more embarrassing." Carlisle says earning a push from Edward as he laughs.

"Okay maybe, it would be true. I am glad that I won't be experiencing something embarrassing in the near future." He says and I giggled causing him to look at me.

"Just cause your an immortal being, doesn't mean you can't do something embarrassing." I told him and he raises a brow.

"Okay, name one thing I would do that is something embarrassing?"

"I am sure that you won't do something, but I know for sure that if we had children and if they had girlfriends or boyfriends, that you would truly embarrasse them in front of those people." I poke his nose as Carlisle laughs.

"I would agree on that." Carlisle says as Edward rolls his eyes.

"It's for their own protection." Edward excuses.

"Or for your satisfaction." I poked his chest and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Only if they did something wrong."

"Suuure." Carlisle says and continue to cut other veggies as Edward groan causing both of us to laugh. He held me and hid his face on my neck.

"I feel embarrassment coming from the kitchen!" Jasper shouted earning a muffled groan from Edward again as me and Carlisle high-five each other smiling.

"Shut it, Jasper!" Edward shouted.

"Love ya too, brotha!" Jasper shouted earning some laughs upstairs.